1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Adcenter and Googlebot Connected?

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by JJ_McClure, Aug 26, 2006.

I have noticed on more than one occassion that when I create a new ad order at AdCenter, within moments, Googlebot visits the destination URL of the ad. This has happened for brand new pages that never had anything to do with Google. No Adwords, no Adsense, etc...

Has this happened to anyone else?

JJ

JJ_McClure, Aug 26, 2006 IP
  2. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    YES me too I have observed a few weeks back during the installation of new software into a NEW path of my site - while installing adsense on the new pages - that within a minute or so after loading the page and thus adsense the very first time, googlebot visited that page as well
    NO other possibility than thru a direct connection between adsense and googlebot because absolutely no link into the new software folders and no one else but me knew about the isntall.

hans, Aug 26, 2006 IP
  3. JJ_McClure

JJ_McClure Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Hans,

Thanks for the reply. I'm afraid that you did not understand me. I was talking about MSN Adcenter and Googlebot. Not Google Adsense and Googlebot.

Google Adsense and Googlebot makes sense but MSN Adcenter and Googlebot seem an unlikely alliance.

JJ

JJ_McClure, Aug 26, 2006 IP
  4. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    that was apparently misunderstanding from my side

may be the two met in cyberspace and started virtual relationship :)
    finally they have to go thru the same channels day after day and to the same customers as well - hence sooner or later they meet
    otherwise i would have NO idea why or how

hans, Aug 26, 2006 IP
  5. vitalize

vitalize Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it might be, from what i have seen.

vitalize, Aug 27, 2006 IP