1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is a "Website Maintenance Service" Really Required?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Abhijeet Pratap, Apr 25, 2015.

Hello Everyone,

I run a website design and development company from several years and we have made numerous websites till date. We have created everything from custom coded websites to CMS based websites to Ecommerce websites and we have a very experienced and expert team with us.

We are planning to roll out a "Website Maintenance Service " where we will cater all your website needs including designing, development, new feature additions, upgrades, content writing , SEO (Search Engine Optimization), Social Media Optimization, Adwords campaigning , Facebook Ads Campaigning, other types of PPC and PPM advertising, creative for ads, blog posting, product entry, eBay and Amazon store management. In short we will do everything that you require to run your website (Business website or Ecommerce Website) that is required on the web end. You need to package and ship your products and sit back relaxed.

I know the idea is not unique and many companies do run similar services but our motto is that we will completely take care of everything web for you so that you can focus on the greater part of your business that is building your business. We will be assigning a project manager who will be answerable to all your queries. It is different from hiring a Virtual Assistant in the way that you are hiring a whole big team of experts and virtual assistant is just one person who is limited to one or two talents. (Maybe you are lucky that your VA is multitalented person who can do multitasking but that is not always the case).

Now my question is will you be willing to pay for such a service? Is it really useful to you or is it does not make any sense at all? Taking into consideration your own website how much are you willing to pay? Will such a service really provide any benefit to you? Will this service allow you to shift your focus from low paid per hour work to high paid per hour work? Are we missing out ant any service which you deem essential?

Your replies will be really helpful to me. Thanks in advance.

Abhijeet Pratap, Apr 25, 2015 IP
  2. Wasi88

Wasi88 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Based on the request I got so far over the years I can tell you the following: That need is definitely there. Especially for SMBs that have a none-online business running. A lot of them want to have a simple content website that is listed high in certain Google SERPs. Some consider AdWords and the like. Most of them do not really consider SMM and other ways to promote their website/business. The problem there is that they often have no clue what they actually want/need because they have no idea what the web can be used for (and don't want to take the time and energy to get into all that). If you are able to tell a business owner how your service will benefit their business, that they don't have to worry about all the web related stuff (because you'll take care of it) and give them an even better chance to grow their business, then they will very likely want to try it out. But based on the type of company you run you should know all that already..?

Wasi88, Apr 25, 2015 IP
  3. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest, I would not purchase something like that.

It may be a good service for newer users, however, for an established user or someone who knows a little bit about those topics, it may be better for them to just do it themselves - and they save the money.

I may be willing to pay for something like that depending on how much it costs, but I wouldn't pay much.

Rmarmorstein, Apr 26, 2015 IP
  4. masterbusiness

masterbusiness Banned

Best Answers:
    Me too, its really hard to run a business with that because customers seek these services only temporary or maybe for a freelance.
    And a single service running all of a single website need is I guess costly and would require a great deal of work for the service firm.
    Most companies also build there own team to take of there website because knowing your own website is essential for your business, you know your employees, and you could negotiate there salary to save. I think your service is good only in short term or for consultations. :D

masterbusiness, Apr 27, 2015 IP
  5. Abhijeet Pratap

Abhijeet Pratap Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank You everyone for your valuable answers. My question is will this service not help in taking away the less important tasks from small business owners and let them focus more on developing their business? There is a lot to be done in developing the business apart from the website work.

Abhijeet Pratap, May 27, 2015 IP
  6. Abhijeet Pratap

Abhijeet Pratap Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes Wasi88 I do have that idea that importance of the service has to be explained before people really buy it , but I want to specially thank you for validation of my ideas.

Abhijeet Pratap, May 27, 2015 IP
  7. PatrickMarchal

PatrickMarchal Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, a company has created me a site in cms, but this company does not support anymore, or very late, we must make some changes and updates.
    I am looking for a serious company with reference that could help me

PatrickMarchal, Feb 8, 2017 IP
  8. robinymym

robinymym Active Member

Best Answers:
    I won't buy anything like that. It may be an excellent support for more recent customers, however, for an recognized customer or someone who knows a little bit about those subjects, it may be better for them to just do it themselves - and they preserve the cash.

robinymym, Feb 8, 2017 IP