1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is a forum right for my site?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by drhfinegifts, Nov 9, 2006.

I have been thinking about ways of making my site more "sticky" and wondered if a forum is the way to go.

Since my site is pure commerce, I thought I could make categories such as a trading post, product reviews, looking to find, etc.

I definitely want this to be something that would benefit my customers.

Any thoughts if this would encourage people to visit more often or gain new customers?

drhfinegifts, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  2. sawz

sawz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    anything that places customers together can have its advantages and disadvantages. a forum would promote a community atmosphere and at the same time provide a place for your customers to share ideas and thoughts about the different products you offer.

its also a place where foks can voice there displeasure about something that they purchased from your site.

a forum can be a good thing or a bad thing. personally i think it would work, cause usually the good outweighs the bad.

just my 2 cents worth.

p.s. i install forum software cheap:)

sawz, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  3. japoax

japoax Peon

Best Answers:
    trying out a forum may be nice, just make sure the threads and sections are organized properly and that a moderator is around to keep tabs on the posts of the users. Also try to be active in your own forum so as to build a nice owner-user relationship with your forum users

japoax, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  4. drhfinegifts

drhfinegifts Peon

Best Answers:
    I decided to go ahead and create one. It's in my sig. Of course, it's brand spankin' new, so not much activity. I did notify my customers, so perhaps it will get a little attention.

It's really more of a service to my customers more than anything (and to gain new customers, of course!)

drhfinegifts, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  5. dchapman

dchapman Guest

Best Answers:
    If you want to make it super sticky, add social networking and the forum together. Social networks are shown to have far higher monthly login rates than forums alone. While I am biased (as you can see by my sigs), social networks such as Facebook brag about return rates of ~90% whereas forums are lucky if they have 20%.

dchapman, Nov 14, 2006 IP