1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is a 3.1 average position on adwords good?? What exactly does it mean?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by shane123, Aug 3, 2011.

My average position in adwords ranges from 3.1 to 3.4 over the past week....... What does that mean??? Is that good or bad?????i own a furniture store and spend about $200 per. Day with a ctr. Of about 1.2%.if anyone knows if that is good please let me know!thanks

shane123, Aug 3, 2011 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It simply means that's the average position your ads were shown. Note that you could have 5 impressions and those ads showing in 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 4th and 6th. That's an average position of 3.4 for those five impressions.

It's not good or bad. What is your goal? What position would you like? Some are perfectly happy to be in 3rd or 4th position, others in lower positions. I prefer the top since I know I maximize clicks and conversions and thus ROI at the top. I used to have a client in the furniture business and that's where he maximized profits. Your spend sounds a bit high however but I don't know the details of your campaign.

Is a 1.2% CTR good? CTRs depend on your position as the higher positions get higher click rates. That's why Quality Score was invented. It is a measure of how well your keywords are doing compared to competitors. So don't think in absolute CTR terms, look instead at your QS. Read my free PPC Advertising Primer ebook to learn more.

Lucid Web Marketing, Aug 4, 2011 IP
  3. Eduardo2

Eduardo2 Peon

Best Answers:
    the reply above was a good one and I'll also elaborate.
    your goal in a PPC campaign is the spend money and get a results. on another level - you want to spend as less as possible and get the highest return.
    the better your CTR is, the more traffic and better QS (quality score) you'll get.
    a position is your indication of how much traffic you are capitalizing -
    if you have an ad at the #1 position and you see only 5 imp a day, that means that you are getting the highest potential of that traffic.
    if you have an ad, or keyword on the 3.9 position and you get a 100 imp a day on these then you do have room to get more visitors.

you must fit into this equation the stats about: how much does a customer's worth to you, how much does a lead worth to you etc...

there are no "rights" and "wrongs" except for healthy 1-3% CTR minimum on Search and keywords who hit your wanted potential traffic.

hope this helps

Eduardo2, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  4. ekfaysal

ekfaysal Peon

Best Answers:
    it is good and can be better then this
    Testing makes you improve really

ekfaysal, Aug 6, 2011 IP
  5. adamshatch

adamshatch Peon

Best Answers:
    So I am guessing my .29 overall clickthrough rate for my first ever campaign is not good then?

adamshatch, Nov 21, 2011 IP
  6. aceofadsense

aceofadsense Peon

Best Answers:
    Adam - CTR of 0.29 is really Low especially if you are advertising on the Search Network. From the figure I am assuming you might have your Display network enabled as well ( I am just assuming) CTR about 2% is considered to be good for Search Network.

aceofadsense, Nov 23, 2011 IP