1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is $25 enough to start a small business in Internet?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by varghesenair, Jan 26, 2010.

1. tjbumi

tjbumi Peon

Best Answers:
    There are so many ways you have to get some money out there before starting your own online business. I start with small online tasks to get some money and then only serious to online business. I belief that we need to work harder and smart to get more money. No matter you put in $25 or what. But if you did not do anything with it, i belief the money will gone.

tjbumi, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  2. rhewitt

rhewitt Member

Best Answers:
    If you have the right idea and right skillset, you can achieve a lot. But it will likely take lots of trial and error.

rhewitt, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  3. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I always get a chuckle out of the ignorant. Batter up.

Oh really? News to me, and apparently, a lot of others.

http://biztaxlaw.about.com/od/businessstartupsteps/tp/stepstobizstartup.htm

http://www.ehow.com/about_5333692_documents-opening-business-bank-account.html

While there were endless links to prove that you need a minimum of a DBA (or register depending on country) to get a business bank account opened, the readers can simply call their local bank or credit union. That is easy enough.

Strike one. :)

2. Remember, this is the guy who makes $X,XXX according to THIS POST in two month's time right? Seems it does not stack up to his own income claims bragging about in this... Jan Income Report from his own blog and own words. Let's have a chuckle...

or this...

or this...

Where exactly was all this $X,XXX again? :rolleyes:

Well it's a good thing he's provided the stats on himself to show how little he actually knows in this industry, more over, the money claims. While this has been amusing, let's move along to the last piece in the puzzle also showing in his stats with his 70% bounce rates.

Jan 2010

Dec

Nov

80% bounce rates? ;)

For those who do not understand, or know about bounce rates and their impact in regards to your site(s). Here is some information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bounce_rate

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/02/stop-bouncing-tips-for-website-success.html

**chuckles**

That would be strike three. Have a seat son.

Now, by contrast. One of many sites I had developed as a demo in June 2009. It has less that 750 UV, sales of $2240.00+, and an under 35% bounce rate. Not one month, all months. Plus 1st page SERPS on many relevant key terms.

[​IMG]

70 members billing at $29.95/34.95 ($2240.00). 50% Recurring/Rebill Rate

The numbers speak for themselves. As I have said before. Look at the numbers when people are giving you advice, and they will clearly start giving you some idea on the man behind the mask so to speak. Plenty of people give newbies advice. Few can back up their claims of 'success'.

/2cts

Barefootsies, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  4. kush86

kush86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Barefootsies, you dumby. I said $xxx soon to be $x,xxx. If you knew how to read. Good that you know how to copy and paste. If you read my posts you would realize that's my personal blog which I do not focus on! By the way, thanks for the backlink.

kush86, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  5. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh really?

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=13469394&postcount=35

Guess you need to pick which story you are going to go with in "backing up your claims" on revenue and "success" and then stick to it toots. One post it is your business and backing up claims, and another it's not. So which is it?

Strike four.
    ;)

While I generally prefer not to get into these types of off topic issues, you opened the door with your arrogance in trying to prove you were right when you were in fact not. So I let the numbers speak for themselves. I do not need to call you names to prove a point. The numbers people can easily see themselves, and make a judgment call on who knows what.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
    Barefootsies, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  6. kush86

kush86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dude you a joke, worst than a reporter picking selected words to prove your point. Which I can careless.

Fact still remains, anyone can start a business online and there's nothing you can do about it.

kush86, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  7. ViolentAJ

ViolentAJ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It would be enough to get a small start, depending on the scale of your business. There are sites out there where people can make donations to help you kickstart a business.

ViolentAJ, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  8. yoes_san

yoes_san Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you can, just get a cheap host and a domain name.

Then build a website offering a service that someone will like then post a link about that service where those people gathered.

It is easier said than done though but you'll never know until you try it out.

yoes_san, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  9. diggs11

diggs11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    now a days 25$ is not enough for start online business because if you buy new site its price is minimum $10 - $15 and then have to buy hosting and of course buy script or articles and many more things.
    i think if you increase your budget then you can start ur own business online.

diggs11, Apr 27, 2015 IP
  10. Xochitl Shatt

Xochitl Shatt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you have good plan and idea about small business it is possible. But such kind of amount you can start blogging and by blogspot you can earn without invest.

Xochitl Shatt, Apr 28, 2015 IP
  11. vselluk

vselluk Member

Best Answers:
    if you want you can join in with me I sell website hosting for £1 a month with Unlimited Space, Unlimited Website, Unlimited Bandwidth, Unlimited Email so send me a message to get in touch. I will give you £1 for each sale :)

vselluk, Apr 28, 2015 IP
  12. masterbusiness

masterbusiness Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes that's right. The money is just enough to start a small business, as long as you are committed to your business and wont easily give up, the business would surely flourish. But, with that budget, you need to work hard because its really hard to recover when you only have that amount of money. Because when the business fail, you cant do anything to repair it and you need start again.

masterbusiness, Apr 29, 2015 IP