1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is $25 enough to start a small business in Internet?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by varghesenair, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Frostx

Frostx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just remember, whether you're starting with $25 or $250, it all comes down to hard work. Work hard and work long.

Frostx, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes its enough.
    I would suggest you start web host business.
    For example,buying reseller plan then resell it to other people.

mentos, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  3. phorum

phorum Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure, it is! Heck, I don't even spend THAT much on my own sites to start them up.

phorum, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  4. chuckster43

chuckster43 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think all the replies I read are correct. No, they did not all say yes, nor did they all say no. It is a tricky place in here (the internet).

I am still in the start up stage I guess and it has cost me one heck of a lot more than $25.00, but I didn't know squat when I began, and it 's still costing me today. BUT,... if I had know some of the things I have paid to learn, I could have started up with $25.00.

Takes a lot of research or a lot of money, but you can do it!

chuckster43, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  5. rochem1867

rochem1867 Guest

Best Answers:
    not if you wanna make anymoney back id say min investment is like 500

rochem1867, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  6. Frostx

Frostx Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, you can make money from nothing. Its possible to start a free website and make money as evidence by some of the top blogger sites. It is truly just about dedication!

Frostx, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  7. sunnedaize

sunnedaize Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure it is possible. Russel Brunson is famous for starting with $20 and turning into $20,000. Now he is a millionaire many times over. Many people start with nothing and make a successful business, so it most definitely is possible. If other people have done it , then so can you!

sunnedaize, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  8. evazz32

evazz32 Peon

Best Answers:

Hi have a suggestion.... I tried it before and it work...

You could sell ebooks on tradebit... Tradebit is free to join... I did a test on it around couple weeks ago... I upload only 20 ebooks.. Since then, I receive at least 1 - 2 sales per week, which was not bad...

I got some of my ebooks from a master resell right site that sell high quality ebooks and software... they have a thousands and much much more. They charge $19.97 per month for being a member. They also allow members to cancel at anytime. Therefore, you can join them for one month that's $19.95 out of your $25. ....Then you'll have full 30 days to download as much ebooks as you like, cancel after the 30 day period if you longer can't afford the monthly payment..

Upload those ebooks on tradebit and make some extra money.

Also, if you no longer have the $25 to spend... I know of a free membership site that allows you to join for free and have access to more than 20+ ebooks and software you can sell. The membership is free... they don't charge. :)

I have some other great ideas regarding tradebit... I'll end up writing a book. Therefore, i decided not to list all of my ideas here.

However, pm me if you're interested.. and I'll send you the link about the two resell right site. As for tradebit... just go to tradebit.com and open up a free account. You'll need a paypal account to receive payments. I hope this info helps.. :)

evazz32, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  9. videosurfer

videosurfer Member

Best Answers:
    Domain name = +/- $10.00
    Hosting = +/- $3 a month (depending on your package, but you can get away for something as low as this)
    Wordpress = free
    Wordpress theme = free
    Good quality content = time and effort

So your start up expenses will be $13.00, and with the remainder you have 4 months' worth of hosting. So I think it's possible, just make sure that your advertising revenue starts making more than $3.00 a month from the third month (and calculate how long it takes the advertiser to pay you - usually 30 days).

videosurfer, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  10. yazuhost

yazuhost Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly.

I started web from $40 in year 2007.

Now With the Grace of Allah. I have atleast 70 Domains. and Earning is $700 - $1000 per Month.

Dear,
    You start your bussiness even you have $0.00

yazuhost, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  11. IPB

IPB Peon

Best Answers:
    I started a forum with just 9 euro and free hosting , i got from members donations and now i own a vbulletin license, domain and a VPS. Yes, you can start a small site, forum with 25$ , good luck buddy !

IPB, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  12. powerlifer

powerlifer Active Member

Best Answers:
    If your going the website way it should be enough to get you some decent hosting and a few domains i always prefer proper domains like .com etc.

if you have skills then its more than enough and you can make money without investment via the contests on here.

powerlifer, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  13. balanaar

balanaar Member

Best Answers:
    You can do it with $25

I starting domain business with $5.
    From .info domain (you can got it just for $0.99 in godaddy and use discount coupon to get cheaper price).
    After it you can sell it in eBay ($1-$2). Remember try searching verygood domain and strong keyword.
    Because .info domain have low demand in domain market.
    But if you can get awesome .info domain you can get 100%-500% profit from it.
    one years ago, i have sold .info domain for $10, i just spend $0.99 for regist it.
    After it i bough 10 domain .info in godaddy and i get wholesale price+discount 10% from coupon.
    So i can sell it with very chep price.
    In that way i can making money.
    After it, try using freshdrop to finding valid pagerank domain(Not easier as you see).
    $5 for buy and $10 for renewal(1 year). Using the renewal coupon, just for $7 you can renewal .com domain total $12. If you get .com domain with good name and valid pagerank(PR3) you can resell it for $30-$40.

If you want cheap domain for stock, i have it. Contact me via PM

balanaar, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  14. kush86

kush86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol, I hope you wasn't serious with that statement. I can easily start a website with less than $25 and make your so call "minimum investment"

kush86, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  15. joebert

joebert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Technically in the USA you can start a business for nothing since the IRS treats individuals doing contract work / etc the same as a business come tax time, the problem is that if you ever run into problems people will be suing you directly instead of an actual business, meaning you can lose everything you own if you screw up VS having the business go bankrupt.

joebert, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  16. amelen

amelen Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd try to budget a little more than that for starting a new business lol

amelen, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  17. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Many people start an Internet business with no investment and not even paying for Internet since they connect from their schools or offices. I read this out there in a website, google it :rolleyes:

Mystique, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  18. TooCrazy

TooCrazy Peon

Best Answers:
    It is possible. I have just established my own website which I'm sure will bring me some profit later. I spent 10$ for domain and 4$ for hosting. 14$ in total.
    But there is one thing that I have to mention. I have some experience in creating websites and designs, so I did everything on my own. If I weren't capable of doing that, I would have to spend quite a lot of money to have that done by others.
    To summarise, everything depends on the business that You're planning to start, Your skills, determination and hard work. In some cases, 0$ might be enough, while in other ones, 1000$ or more might be way too less :)

TooCrazy, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  19. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Reading most of these replies about, "Yes you can" shows just how few people here are actually doing this full time, or an actual business. It is fucking hilarious to me reading people's justifications for being a freeloader.

Let's begin with the first sentence, "Starting a business".

1. An LLC is $300-500.00. A bit more than $25.00.
    2. Registering a DBA at your local county clerk's office, $25-50.00. Almost $25.00. Maybe you catch a break there.
    3. Opening up a business bank account with a business name (after you get LLC, DBA) is $25.00 min. deposit. Oops....again, over budget! Shucks.

This does not even get into hosting, scripts, software (including photo/video editing and FTP among other basic programs), domain names, traffic, buying links, advertising, content, memberships, P.O. box, application fees, and anything else that comes up.

Even IF you could be a cheapskate who gets some free blogger account, and a domain. You still around not going to get around the "starting a business" costs. See, I would bet 90% of the people telling you it is free are hobbyists in the first place. Not an actual business in the meaning of the word.

But I digress.

Let's move on to some of the other comedy in the thread.

1. If you have to pay for it, then it's Don Lapre/scam/prays on newbies/bullshit arguments. You havfe all read it by now, "You can find everything for free on the forums".

What makes me laugh on this one is very simple. If you pay for it, then it's crap. However, people are going to post everything for FREE on forums??!?! What is wrong with this concept?

Anyone with a few brain cells rolling around can easily see that if you have something of value, you would charge for it. That's how the real world works. It is no different then online. Even when you think you are using software or something for free, there is a 'cost' somewhere.

They data mine your searches, they install a tool bar, they get to take part of your website's front page for ad space, and so forth. Nothing is "Free" as people like to make you believe. Again, this is a separation between true business people and the jokers.

People are going to post free tips everywhere on forums, and help you out endlessly for free, coaching and showing you the way in a timely fashion so you recoup your investment of not ONLY money but time.

I do not know about YOU, but most people do not have the patience to read through 10 years of forum posts, and 100 or 1000 different posters, their opinions, and trial and error all of that effectively and again timely before making a profit?

I suppose if you have NOTHING but free time on your hands, and can ASSume you read it all in a few months time, and eliminate anything that costs you money, and manage to trial and error it all until you succeed you may turn a profit somewhere in the next decade. If then.

That is unrealistic and a fool's errand. Most people want a short cut. No one is going to give you any blue print to success for free on any forum. They may point you in a direction. You may be able to reverse engineer their site if you get a url. But just like this thread has shown.

There is no free answer to the question.

Nor are most people going to take, even an hour, going into specific details on web hosting, or website flipping, or whatever the topic may be for free to someone who hits them up with questions. They may answer a few questions here or there, point you here or there, but no one is going to guide you to success for free.

Cheapskates are always going to say never to pay for this or that, and just steal or 'borrow' it for free off the web. However, that is not a "business" that is a hobby. If you are a business, you run it like a business. Including separating your personal from your business liability so you can't be easily sued. As well as for tax purposes. That alone costs more than $25.00.

:rolleyes:

Barefootsies, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  20. kush86

kush86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sole proprietorship doesn't require any of the following. That's if you knew anything about starting a business.

kush86, Feb 1, 2010 IP