1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is 11 weeks enough to start to make a profit online? thinking about blogging freelancing etc.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by wheelstb, Apr 24, 2014.

I am hoping to get an 11 week paid internship. I am having trouble finding a typical 9-to-5 job. I would like to make my own money through starting a blog, freelance marketing and other opportunities I discover that I think I might be good at.

I would like to work diligently at my goals during my internship. My hope would be to be reasonably successful online by the time it is over. I define reasonably successful as making $300-$400 a month
    SEMrush
    I would appreciate any input. Thank you for the help.

wheelstb, Apr 24, 2014 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sure why not?

What are your interests?

It is best to blog about what you are passionate about.

Ethan Alvin, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  3. wheelstb

wheelstb Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have an idea for the direction of the blog. I haven't put too much thought into how to monetize it yet. I'm thinking a quality product should come before monetization.

wheelstb, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  4. kjrocker

kjrocker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will be honest with you internet marketing is not something which you should consider for quick money , for freelancing if you have some special skills you can use them to make some good money but again it will take some time to get client specially when you are starting from scratch ...

kjrocker, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  5. KonRadicool

KonRadicool Active Member

Best Answers:
    11 weeks is a lot if you have a plan and are actually following something that you enjoy doing. Find out what your real direction will be. I have put down a set of questions to help you determine what your real goals are. Then create a product, find affiliates and get them to sell it for you, Build a list and after a while you will be able to market to those people on your list and make profit
    Here are the questions https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...what-niche-to-get-into.2717155/#post-18943338

I have worked online for 7 years and always overcomplicated it by focussing on SEO and marketing when I should have focused on selling products and having affiliates promote them for me. People do it everyday.
    Regards
    Konrad

KonRadicool, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  6. Mikhail19

Mikhail19 Member

Best Answers:
    Freelancing can help you to make quick start. There are some great freelance marketplaces: Elance, oDesk, Freelancer (in the order of my preferences) with a lot of jobs. May be it will be helpful to use some dumping at the beginning. You can quickly get acquainted with freelance marketplace structures, type of jobs, prices by using eJobsTracker utility.

Mikhail19, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  7. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can start earning HOURS after you start working. Seriously. Look for copywriting gigs that pay a little, and do them. They're usually very easy and take very little time. Soon you'll have a good amount of those done, and you can move on to better-paying clients. It's quite easy if you know your spelling and grammar. :)
    Try to nail down what you're good at and then do it for somebody who can't do it as well as you do. I suggest starting on elance.com or freelancer.com

YJunK, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  8. Andrew23

Andrew23 Member

Best Answers:
    All these people are stating that this time is enough to start earning. Does any of you actually achieved this ? I find it quite difficult to be earning money in 11 weeks or less as a blogger. Of course, there may be some opportunities to make this money, but it's not that easy as it looks like. Be realistic!

Andrew23, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  9. KonRadicool

KonRadicool Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Andrew23 I was in the same boat as you, slaving away for months optimizing SEO, following gurus, blah blah made money but never to much. How about you change your focus from creating content that you are literally giving away for free and start selling online products to people who are interested in your niche.
    Do you think this process could work:
    1. Create product
    2. Find affiliates from sites such as clickbank, jvzoo etc. to promote your product
    3. build list and sell next product to list.

I can tell you from my experience that to create a product can take 1-7 days. A eBook, or tutorial does not take that long to do. Creating a sales letter another 1-7 days. Posting it on a affliate website will take you 1-2 hours max. If you allow for your affiliates to make 90-100% commission on your first product then they will be happy to promote your next one if it is successful. that is when you can start increasing your profit and additionally make 100% profit from your list itself.

You have a limiting belief, I lived like that for 7 years thinking it was impossible. but this is how people make money online these days. Get yourself a mentor in the product creation and you will see it for yourself.
    Regards
    Konrad

KonRadicool, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  10. Roger11

Roger11 Member

Best Answers:
    Have you think about any specific section of freelancing? You can earn more by web design instead of blogging. So take your decision wisely?

Roger11, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  11. Boost_Software

Boost_Software Member

Best Answers:
    I think you could, if you can offer customers what they want or need. You need to be specific on the type of product or service you provide.

Boost_Software, May 2, 2014 IP
  12. Crazy Dane

Crazy Dane Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you use something like Facebook notes, MRR ebooks together with click2sell.eu and Paypal you can make money within hours and get your blog or direct link ranked fast within hours on google...

Crazy Dane, Jul 29, 2014 IP
  13. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    11 weeks is more than enough if you are good. $400 per month is easy to achieve if you are working hard and working in the right way

lifeplayer, Jul 29, 2014 IP
  14. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You've set a very achievable goal. it's a pretty good start actually, starting on a small beginning this gives a lot of room for improvement. If you think you are good at blogging take action and scout clients that you'll be writing for.

Vitarank, Jul 29, 2014 IP
  15. seoxpertz

seoxpertz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Check elance.com, it is certainly a good site to earn as well as learn.

seoxpertz, Sep 15, 2014 IP