1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Irrepairable Activity.fp5 after crash

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by samnaugler, Nov 2, 2006.

Shortly before 1:00pm today my Optigold logged:

User "<usernames here>" forced to close connection. (10207)

for each of my Optigold users, kicking everyone with a "Communications Error", followed 40 seconds later by:

Closing file "Activity_.fp5" due to serious error. (10207)

Trying to log back in we are told that Activity_fp5 cannot be found.

My Activity_.fp5 file was 336,956 KB. I stopped the server and ran a repair on it. The first step looked about normal (slow but not dragging) the second and third steps were fairly fast. The fourth step though went by in a blink and then the repair-Filemaker acted finished. The resulting Activity_ Recovered.fp5 is 7,664 KB.

I restored a backup Activity_.fp5.

I see no other evidence of network problems (easy to disconnect software remains online, this occurred when most users were at lunch, etc..) I can duplicate the Activity_.fp5 repair behavior on a separate box.

Any idea what this might have been and how I can avoid it in the future? Unrepairable fp5s scare me.

Sam - FSI

samnaugler, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  2. ColinR

ColinR Guest

Best Answers:
    We experienced an activity_.fp5 corruption in the past but I believe we did an update from to same version and that got us back and running. As to your other questions how to avoid I'd have to leave that to someone else to comment on as I have no clue. Hope this helps..

ColinR, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've seen something like that once before, and it ended up being some bad sectors on the physical hard disk that the data files were stored on. It might not be a bad idea to just do a check for bad sectors on the HD.

digitalpoint, Nov 13, 2006 IP