1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Iran: Children beg for their Mother not to be stoned to death

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Helvetii, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Perhaps you're right, to be honest, I don't really know. I suppose it's possible for a government to completely block almost all information going in and out, depending on their Internet censoring technology, and how aggressively they want to pursue it. But, the point I'm trying to make is simply that repressive governments tend to want to censor the Internet. If there is a brutal government crackdown against peaceful protesters in the street, certainly they don't want images of this floating around all over the Internet. I can't really speak to what extent Iranians are currently able to access blocked websites, but do know there are ways to get around governmental Internet censorship. They have, and do, as a single example, the unfortunate case of Hanieh “Sharareh” Farshi Shotorban, who has been arrested for maintaining a page on Facebook.

Obviously, we all have an opinion, but I'll have to disagree. I think Ahmadinejad would prefer to be considered as humanitarian of the year, and would rather avoid all this publicity of torture and executions. Here is an excerpt of a fairly recent interview of Mostafaei. He mentions that the authorities do not like these campaigns for human rights in Iran...

If any of you haven't signed it yet, please sign the Free Sakineh petition.

Rebecca, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  2. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    every day you have to search for anti-filter in the net or be member of an anti censoring site that send you some fresh anti-filter via mail every day but they don't work more than a day and tomorrow you have to search again. other way is you find an anti-filter software that should slow your internet connection that it take a lot of time to visit a site because our internet connection is so slow itself.

yeah right, Iranian regimen ultimately try to show theirslves democratic because of influence in middle east and national community.

babak44, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  3. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I don't like to think about it, it makes me worry. It's disturbing that the desire to read unbiased news would be considered as something negative, and that anyone would need to sneak under cover of proxy to have unfettered access to the Internet. When you become President of the United States, you'll need to tell Iran to stop with all this censorship. :)

News on Sakineh...

On the Sakineh Facebook page, they keep listing new ways to help. One of the newest projects is to write famous women, and ask them to speak up on Sakineh's behalf, for example, Queen Rania...

Rebecca, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    If that were true, they could just move the executions of women and children indoors and not invite thousands of spectators.

Well of course, they want people to appreciate these executions, as proper worship of Allah.

Will.Spencer, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  5. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Remember though, just because we have choice of news sources, don't think we've transcended biased or controlled media.

BRUm, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  6. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Wanted to update, France is speaking up for Sakineh.

I think Iran pretending as though Sakineh was convicted of murder (to justify killing her), when it has been verified that she wasn't, and then the forced televised confession, were all really pointless on Iran's part. I wish they would just let her go...

Rebecca, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  7. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I know this is an old thread, but was thinking of Sakineh tonight. I read a news article that is basically calling Ahmadinejad a liar, and they have proof. On Ahmadinejad's visit to the US, he told the American public that Sakineh had never been condemned to death by stoning, and it was all just lies made up by the American media. Well, according to the Huffington Post article (Bernard-Henri Lévy), they managed to get "five documents that are part of the prosecution's file of charges" proving that she was indeed condemned to stoning.

In addition, I noticed as well, it was all for the claim of "illicit relations" - nothing about murder. It's a great article, as it shows her case in greater detail, if anyone is interested: Huffington Post

P.S.

I just wanted to add - if you go to: http://freesakineh.org/

Under the website header, you'll see a big red button that says "send letter" - if you click that, you can easily send off a pre-written letter to a bunch of Ayatollahs asking for their intervention to help Sakineh. Please do it, it should take less than 10 seconds (it's worth trying)....

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
    Rebecca, Sep 23, 2010 IP
  8. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    And yet American liberals keep saying that we should trust Ahmadinejad's claims regarding Iran's nuclear weapons program.

It's hilarious how HuffPo has slid to the right since the election of The One.

Will.Spencer, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  9. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually she won't be stoned anymore....she would be hanged.

Helvetii, Oct 4, 2010 IP
  10. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's so humane . We should send them a gift for being such kind human beings .

ApocalypseXL, Oct 4, 2010 IP
  11. Jackob2916

Jackob2916 Peon

Best Answers:
    So you mean that to hit a women this is written in quran??

Jackob2916, Oct 4, 2010 IP
  12. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I hadn't really noticed, but I think you're right. Anyway, nice to see you.

This is a letter that was reportedly written by Sakineh's son towards the end of last month:

You can keep up with more updates on the Save Sakineh FaceBook Page.

Rebecca, Oct 4, 2010 IP
  13. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Seeing such desperation and pain make my skin crawl . And yet they call beneficial the merciless regime that crushes countless lives .

ApocalypseXL, Oct 4, 2010 IP
  14. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Take a look at Sura 4, Verse 34:
    [video=youtube;iWGA8i6scYY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWGA8i6scYY[/video]

Will.Spencer, Oct 4, 2010 IP
  15. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

They probably want to keep their face from being pounded by rocks in the near future. Sharia Law is tough.

Blue Star Ent., Oct 4, 2010 IP
  16. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    babak44, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  17. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    There's a new petition if anyone would please sign at - AVAAZ

I've signed this, looks like over 913,000 signatures so far...

Rebecca, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  18. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    till international comunity is active about it, Sakineh would be alive.

babak44, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  19. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    babak44, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  20. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If just wearing lip stick, or having a head scarf fall slightly out of place causes an earthquake alarm - I wonder what the Iranian ambassador thought of the greeting by FEMEN? LOL.

Rebecca, Nov 12, 2010 IP