1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Iran: Children beg for their Mother not to be stoned to death

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Helvetii, Jul 3, 2010.

1. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now you're really showing your immaturity.

BRUm, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  2. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I just don't like smartypants who do nothing but criticize everyone and everything. If you don't know who I'm talking about refer to your post history.

Helvetii, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  3. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't criticise everyone and everything, don't lie. This section is for debating so if you can't handle it with maturity, don't come here. If you don't like my opinions, which I have the right to express, and will always exercise then use logic and evidence to show them to be implausable. If you can do that I'd be more than happy to learn a new view. As you'll see from my post history I have changed many opinions thanks to the better logic of various members here on digital point.

Calling me smartypants leads me to believe you simply have a problem with me showing all the reasoning behind my views or being well read and educated. I'll never apologise for having opinions on most things.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
    BRUm, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  4. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Nice picture, Babak. :)

I think she's extremely brave to speak her mind, especially while in such danger at Tabriz Prison. I wish she could have asylum in the US.

If any one would be willing to sign petitions and send protest letters for the sake of Sakineh, here is an excellent list.

You can also send her a postcard at:

Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani
    Tabriz Prison
    Tabriz, Iran

Google translation is really, really, really bad - but it looks like Mostafaei's wife has been released. I read it on a site that I was unsure about the credibility of, but they listed Mostafaei's Facebook page as the source. So, I went to his Facebook page, and it appears to be true. I'm very happy his wife was released. :)

Edit: Found this article on CNN about the release of Mostafaei's wife Fereshteh Halimi. She said, "I think when they found that my husband was out of Iran and they couldn't reach him and I wouldn't be a good hostage any more, that's when they released me,"..."Me, my father and my brother were all released on bail," she said. "Now we should wait for our trial. I don't know if I'm banned or forbidden from leaving the country. So the future is really unclear." Halimi said she was kept in solitary confinement for 13 of her 14 nights in prison. "They kept telling me, 'If you tell us where your husband is, we will set you free,'" she said. "And I was answering, 'I don't know where he is, so how can I help you?'" Source: CNN

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
    Rebecca, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  5. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Did you refer to your post history? :)

Lets see what your opinions are like-

X is a scumbag, his predecessor Y was also a corrupt scumbag, infact everyone in the system is a scumbag. The entire system in this godforsaken country is BS. The majority who elected them are all idiots, they are misguided people and should listen to me. I AM TELLING YOU!!! CHANGE THE GODDAMN SYSTEM!!! LISTEN TO ME AND EVERYTHING WOULD BE OKAYYY!!! ARE YOU LISTENING YOU SCUMBAGS!!!??.........and oh yeah please bring a law that lets me take narcotics legally, fucking misguided people don't even know how to run a country! :mad:

And you wonder why people don't like your "opinions". ;) :rolleyes:

Helvetii, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  6. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know what to think. I have read about this in some popular news sites cnn, msn, yahoo, etc. I reside in the u.s. so for me it is hard to comprehend something like this. But similar many countries have a hard time understanding the u.s. laws too. This would be no big deal in the u.s. where I live, happens all the time every day that adulthood is commited or suggested. But it is not the u.s. so our laws and rules cannot be assumed or expected, I wish they were but they are not. It does make me sad that someone could be stoned to death in another country that wouldn't even be talked about twice here in the u.s. not to mention any kind of punishment or stoning. I hope it works out.

gameutopia, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  7. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think someone forgot to take their medicine today :rolleyes:

What you've in fact quoted is how your tone takes when you realise your lame nazi-like arguments have been blown apart.

I noticed you didn't make a single reference to any of my actual arguments, just the way I described Blair and Cameron, once. It escapes me why you would care so much if you truly did disagree with my views, wouldn't a normal person just ignore them? Like I've said before, you take such a personal offence to anyone able to think for themselves, der fuhrer would be proud of you son!

With all the attention you're giving me, following me around multiple threads, I'm beginning to think someone has a little crush... sorry to disappoint you but I'm not gay ;)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
    BRUm, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  8. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh Crap! I had already started planning for some orgies with you and other UKIP supporters :rolleyes: ;)

Helvetii, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  9. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    You're channeling Joe Biden now?

Will.Spencer, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  10. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Mullahs won't release her. their method is waiting for time solve this problem and no attention by international community and medias. he sentence to stoning and non of authorities in Judgment department told she won't. just some ones told it could change to execution. stoning is her final verdict.

yeah she released. in that Persian note Mostafaei said " never imaged one they should driven away from my beloved Iran. if Freshteh didn't arrested and if they (authorities) legally summoned me, should stay in Iran even prisoned me. my wife freed today and I congratulation her, she jailed because of me. I phoned my wife, but hadn't any thing to tell each other except crying"

seems he became poet in Norway! anyway I guess it's hard being apart of wife and daughter.

I don't know why Iranian men forget their own family, he has mother and father too. men!

babak44, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  11. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Unfortunately, you may be right. I think all we can do is to keep talking about Sakineh, and speaking out.

Mostafaei is really something else, I think he's such a nice person. He's become my fourth friend on Facebook! LOL.

I've sent some letters regarding human rights issues in Iran. I "think" they are read, but I hardly get any responses back. But, today I received a response from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, and they said "Finland, as part of the European Union, is following closely the developments of the human rights situation in Iran.

We are deeply concerned about the human rights situation in Iran, including intimidation of journalists, members of opposition and human rights defenders. We are further concerned that many detained are denied access to legal representation and contact with their families, and emphasize the obligation of Iran to treat all detained persons in accordance with international human rights standards. The EU’s High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, Catherine Ashton, has recently voiced EU’s profound concern on ill-treatment and torture of those detained and imprisoned as well as discrimination against religious and ethnic minorities and women.

As a State Party to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, Iran has committed itself to respect human rights, including fair trial rights as enshrined in article 14. The EU has repeatedly demanded Iran to comply with its international and national human rights obligations. Finland and other EU countries have also summoned the Ambassadors of Iran several times in regard to the human rights situation in Iran. We also continue to support efforts to improve the human rights situation in Iran."

Anyway, I just thought it was nice that they actually sent a letter back...:)

BTW, thank you for that translation! The Google translator was almost completely incoherent.

Rebecca, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  12. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Rebecca
    thanks for your effort and attention. I think Iranian owe you and also other people who support freedom and fair trial in the world.

one of our great problem is that Iranian people less knows about Islam laws and Sharieh laws. they have not to confess but most of the times interrogators insure people that if they confess will release soon.

I remember three years ago an Iranian guy who wanted to prevent his wife of cheating him, set a camera in house and brought camera to court to show his wife had sex with another guy but guess what he found there? his wife had sentenced to stoning and her pity husband couldn't do anything to release her.
    that guy told to newspapers : "never imaged my wife in such trouble, I just wanted my wife back to me not more. I love my wife; beside we have children, help me!'

babak44, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  13. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Thanks Babak, that's so nice of you to say that. But, I don't really do too much. In the last month, I've spent only about 10-15 minutes a day on letter writing, signing petitions, and such, regarding the human rights violations in Iran. Other than that, I stay busy working, writing for my blogs, and taking care of my dog "CoCo". :)

That's a really sad story. What happened to her? Was she stoned, hanged, or is she still in prison?

Rebecca, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  14. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    10-15 minuts for human right is a lot I think, it's more valuable than spend some money for poor people I think.

rankly I don't know but will try in net to find something, if find then mention here.

babak44, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  15. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    babak44, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  16. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    That's so sad. It even says in that article that the video didn't show them having sex, and the sisters "Zohreh and Azar Kabiri-niat" claim they didn't confess to it. Yet, when I read about Sharia law it says that to be found guilty of adultery, there must be 4 male witness' that saw the actual event in detail, and a sincere confession by the allegedly "guilty" party. But, in the actual implementation of Sharia law, it never seems to be practiced that way, does it? In my opinion, Sharia law is a human rights nightmare to begin with, but they are not even up to that standard. Not only that, but they tried the sisters twice for adultery, first with the men they allegedly committed adultery with, in which they were all sentenced to flogging for adultery. Then, I guess they let the men go, and charged the women, yet again for the same "crime", but to be stoned. Was it because they were women? Then, they were charged by using "judge's knowledge" where a judge can decide to kill someone with a lack of actual evidence, but based on the personal opinion of the judge, same as they did to Sakineh. It seems many barbaric rulings are made utilizing "judge's knowledge". It would help if people knew their rights, and understood the law, but when the law can consist of forced confessions and guilty verdicts without proof, it would be difficult for anyone to truly function in that system.

Rebecca, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  17. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah barbaric ruling unfortunately.
    as you see it's so hard to prove they had sex with another guy except they confess that all of them made during interrogation. two times they could appeal and judges would change.

two night ago Sakineh made confess in frount of TV. our Iranian TV channel 3 showed her confess. she spoke Turkish (Azeri) no any Persian words she told and some one translated it. seems you were right about that in your previous post.
    anyway she accuse Mostafaei to abuse her and took advantage of it. she described how killed her husband and confessed had relation with her husband cousin but didn't mentioned had sex with him maybe because couldn't show it in TV.
    then everything is clear, how much Mullahs are bastared! seems she loved to be stoning/ kill but annoyed of Mostafaei who didn't allow them to kill her.

babak44, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  18. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There has been an increase in media coverage here of the human right violations in Iran. I find it interesting that the media didn't care of these events a few years ago. I see people around me becoming more polarised and hostile towards Islam. I believe it's a sign of preparing the citizens of the West to be comfortable with a coming war with Iran.

What did we hear about Iraq before the invasion? Saddam's armies took babies from incubators and had weapons of mass destruction; neither of which were true.

BRUm, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  19. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I know, Babak, it's really sad. It makes me sick to think of it. I think you're blocked from Facebook, but here is the new letter we're sending for Sakineh. We can keep trying.

^ This is part of a letter writing campaign, if any one would like to get involved. On this Facebook page, it has the sample letter from above, along with a list of emails to send it to. It's easy as you can just cut and paste the emails, cut and paste the sample letter, sign it and send.

Rebecca, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  20. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, haven't seen such attention about human right in Iran already.
    hope no war, it has some difference with two countries, Iraq hadn't any medias, internal opposition, internet, beside Iran didn't invade another country.
    seems that wrong action prevent USA and allies to start another war.

Rebecca
    see how much they are stupied!
    seems they couldn't learn from history.

babak44, Aug 13, 2010 IP