1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Iran: Children beg for their Mother not to be stoned to death

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Helvetii, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You're right, it doesn't look promising. But, I think the only choice is to keep trying.

The Iranian regime was supposed to announce a final judgment on her case on July 21st, then, they delayed it, and announced the final judgment will be made in an additional 20 days(August 10th?). I think they want to kill her, but they would rather do it when the media outrage has died down. That's one reason why it's important to not give up, and for those who are able, but haven't gotten involved, now is the perfect time.

Here are a few things that can be done...

Sign the petition at: Free Sakineh

Letter writing campaign for Sakineh with a pre-written sample letter and government and media emails. Write to appx. 100 important contacts regarding this - it only takes 30 seconds!

Stay updated on Sakineh with petitions and action requests on the Save Sakineh Facebook page.

Don't forget to protest to assist Mostafaei and his Family:

Participate in the letter writing campaign to free Mostafaei's family and stop persecution of Mostafaei.

Write to national and international bar associations and law schools to request that they issue formal statement regarding Mostafaei.

Sign the petition to Help Free Writers and Journalists Held in Iran

Contact the White House, and request Obama to help Sakineh, Mostafaei and his Family, and speak out against the human rights violations in Iran.

Additional news on Sakineh:

They held a conference yesterday in London, with "new evidence and information on Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani’s case"...
    Brazil's president has offered asylum to Sakineh...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
    Rebecca, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  2. rexertea

rexertea Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree - stoning to death in this age? Iranians are showing how barbaric they can get.

rexertea, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  3. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bravo Luiz Inacio Lula, good offer I think.

babak44, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  4. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yes, I think it's a good offer!

Early on, I was noticing on the freesakineh petition "President Fernando Henrique Cardoso" signed. Not recognizing his name, I found him on Wikipedia, and he's said to be the prior President of Brazil from January 1, 1995 to January 1, 2003. Not that it matters specifically, but I was wondering if he spoke to the current President about this? In any case, I hope the Iranian regime will accept the offer, if not, I think it was still a significant gesture on the part of the government of Brazil. Here's another news release about it...

I think it's important to continue writing letters, petitioning and so forth, but maybe, just maybe, they will allow asylum for Sakineh in Brazil.

Rebecca, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  5. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lula is one if important ally for Mullahs nowadays and they need him a lot but anyway they can't accept his offer because have to dismiss Shariah law and their entity. if Sakineh is still alive is because of high pressure on them and Lula caused this dilema become harder for them I think. stoning was final verdict for Sakineh but they accept to change it for hanging, further steps and let she be free is so hard for them.

babak44, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  6. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Not that Iran cares what the United States says, but it looks like we've urged Iran to accept the offer.

Rebecca, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  7. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah right USA supported Brazil offer. see Iran response:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/aug/03/iran-stoning-woman-brazil-asylum

babak44, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  8. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    According to Amnesty International, and her ex-lawyer Mostafaei, Sakineh was never convicted of murder - this news is really disheartening. Babak, did you hear that Mostafaei made it to Turkey? He is requesting asylum, I hope they grant it.

Edit: It looks like US officials have already met with Mostafaei and offered asylum to him, but Turkey refused saying he needs to request asylum with the UNHCR in Turkey, but it's not the best situation as there are concerns about his safety in Turkey, as he has received death threats (and the risk Turkey may send him back).

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
    Rebecca, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  9. hardeep80s

hardeep80s Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i got stoned a few times and white deathed, didnt do me any harm.

hardeep80s, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  10. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent point Will. I couldn't have said it better myself. I've always thought this about China.

Don't tread on me!

BRUm, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  11. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah Mostafaei escaped last week but our police arrested his wife and brother in law instead to force him back.

I'm glad this case got more attention internationally. Seems our regimen unwieldy to solve this dilemma. Sakineh alone stand in front of them, an Azeri housewife challenge them! and unveil their ugly face.
    Seems our regimen desperately unable to survive of this misery. it was out of their imagination I guess and paid high price for it so far.

[​IMG]

hope Turkey won't reject Mostafaei.

babak44, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  12. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yes -- At least now, I think they've released Mostafaei's brother-in-law (from what I've read). Yet his wife currently remains in solitary confinement as a hostage to get him to surrender. Mostafaei won't surrender. I think he will get asylum, and that the mullah regime will (I hope) release his wife. Eventually, somehow, the entire family should be reunited and granted asylum in another country.

Mohammad Mostafaei Writes a Letter to His Wife and Daughter: Happy Birthday

Yes, challenged by an Azeri housewife! I just wish, that somehow, Sakineh will be released and granted asylum. It's tragic what she's had to go through.

Mostafaei was recently interviewed (read entire interview here),

In the very last statement, "they’ve promised me that it will not happen" that seems very promising I think. In his interview as well, he mentioned Norway as offering asylum, but from what I've read, many countries are offering, and would be happy to grant him asylum. For different reasons, it doesn't sound like Turkey will be able to let him stay there, but I can't even imagine Turkey sending him back to Iran.

Rebecca, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  13. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess people and medias attention can help Mostafaei and his family to survive but guess situation for him never back to before this crises. last night he interviewed with BBC Persian and told will back to Iran if regimen solemn promise to protect him. I think this is intolerant for him when couldn't see his family and his wife in custody. he told his wife has been in jail for 12 days in isolation cell.

yes he is right, seems they lost their mind.

babak44, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  14. pradiprg

pradiprg Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is a sorry state of affairs. May allah give them wisdom to rethink on their verdict. world pressure must mount to stop such cruelty.

pradiprg, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  15. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    it was final verdict and according to law they have to done it. guess they waiting to time passed and international community forget it then stoning that woman.

babak44, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  16. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Babak, Mostafaei's going to Norway. :)

I think he made the right decision, returning to Iran at this time would be suicide, as there appears to be no justice at all. I feel that he will continue to advocate for the rights of Iranian citizens, but will need to do it outside of Iran. A "solemn promise" by the regime to "protect him" would be meaningless as they would swear even now they are doing justice by Sakineh. In a recent interview Sakineh made these statements regarding the made up murder conviction by the mullah regime...

"They're lying. They are embarrassed by the international attention on my case and they are desperately trying to distract attention and confuse the media so that they can kill me in secret."

"I was found guilty of adultery and was acquitted of murder, but the man who actually killed my husband was identified and imprisoned but he is not sentenced to death."

"The answer is quite simple, it's because I'm a woman, it's because they think they can do anything to women in this country. It's because for them adultery is worse than murder - but not all kinds of adultery: an adulterous man might not even be imprisoned but an adulterous women is the end of the world for them. It's because I'm in a country where its women do not have the right to divorce their husbands and are deprived of their basic rights."

Source of Sakineh quotes: Free Internet Press

Rebecca, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  17. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL this is the funniest post in this thread :D ;) :rolleyes:

How many Chinese (Tibetans are not Chinese) have you spoken to? I have spoken to many and they couldn't be more happy with their government, they are definitely more happy than you are with Cameron and Americans with Obama.

Roll on that :D

Helvetii, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  18. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    now she is going to our of Islam and challenge our laws, see what you done! lol
    seems intrnation suport turned her to political woman!
    yeah she is right, divorce is men right not women. a girl can marry with a man just with her father allow. children are belong to men. a woman life cost half of a man.

[​IMG]

welcom back Helvetti

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
    babak44, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  19. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Roll on what? You pointing out the obvious? Of course they're happy with their government, why else would they bend over and take totalitarianism up the arse? People who like the government controlling their internet, economy and family lives deserve everything they get. How did your twisted logic manage to imagine the idea that I didn't think the Chinese enjoyed their oppression? Seems someone got a bit too excited seeing me post in this thread ;)

I am good friends with someone from Hong Kong, who has also lived in the mainland, and he disagrees with the way China operates so much he doesn't want to go back.

So much for "I've spoken to more people than you have!". Tell me, what must life be like for someone as childish as yourself?

I like how you evade being owned in the other thread by taking it up here :D

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
    BRUm, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  20. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ^^ Genius can find something to complain about everything in the world, I think all the worlds problems would be solved if everyone sticks needles in their veins :rolleyes:

Helvetii, Aug 8, 2010 IP