1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Iphone 5s and 5c Fingerprint technology

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by walkerbushgeorge, Sep 13, 2013.

hi all, i was just wondering what everybody thinks about the new technology that apple recently unveiled for their upcoming iphones. It seems neat but I think its also a casue for concern as the technology would have access to unique identifiers such as your finger prints. Whats next retina scanning iphones!?

walkerbushgeorge, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  2. minotechonline

minotechonline Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    someone correct me if I'm wrong but fingerprint technology has been around for awhile on laptops so it was only a matter of time before it was implemented on smartphones. Bio metrics like retina scanning is only used by the fbi and cia(and other places on a smaller scale). Will probably be awhile before that happens but there's virtually 0% false positives with retina scanning so that must be ultra safe.

minotechonline, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  3. jainy25

jainy25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, this technology has been implemented only in iPhone 5S. From all the reviews and everything seen so far, it has been 100% accurate. Even if someone cuts your finger off, they won't be able to unlock the phone because the sensors require a live finger. The sensor probably figures that out from the internal blood flow.

So in a way, it is much more secure from the conventional pin/password locks.

Also Apple has claimed that they will have no information to your fingerprints. All of it would only be stored on your iPhone. So it does sound pretty cool!

jainy25, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  4. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I am not mistaken and I don't think I am the 5c doesn't have the fingerprint scanner only the 5s does. I used to have a Motorola Atrix that had the fingerprint scanner and it wasn't very reliable at all. Sometimes would take 5-6 swipes to get your fingerprint read.

Ernest L. Defoe, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  5. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well the iPhone 5s is no Motorola.

scurvy, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  6. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh I know. More or less was just stating technology has come a long ways......

Ernest L. Defoe, Nov 17, 2013 IP