1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IPB 3: "User then admin validation" still lets user log in before validating email §?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by tecklord, May 15, 2010.

I run Invision Power Board 3.0.2

Selected "User then admin validation" in the security section, which is supposed to send an email to the user, which the user must then verify, before the user will be added in the Validation Queue in the IP Admin.

However, the user is automatically added into the validation que without even verifying the email, and can also log into the forum, without having verified the email, nor haven me accepted the user in the Validation Que.

What is wrong here, any suggestions? It is a fresh new install with no mods or hooks or any other extra things added, clean install.

I also use Captcha but I tried turn that off and only use the "User then admin validation" but still the same problem.

The forum is a "members only" forum and should not be visible or accesible to other people than those accepted by me in the Validation Que where I will check if the registatration is sent in by someone I know and thus allow or not as it is a private forum for a small group.

Also, if there are any useful mods that could correct this problem and substitute the inbuilt feature it would be appreciated if directed in right direction for such a mod/hook :)

thanks!

tecklord, May 15, 2010 IP
  2. tecklord

tecklord Member

Best Answers:
    No one's got any clue on what can be goin on here? No one experienced the same? :(

I just can't figure out what is wrong I've tried several settings but every time I but it at "User then admin validation" the users are automatically added in my validation que even BEFORE verifying their email, and I get a message in my email about new member registered. And they can log in, though not see the site, even if they have not verified even their email first - I tested it myself using different of my own accounts and signing up random usernames :S

Please thanks

tecklord, May 16, 2010 IP
  3. JhudDaily

JhudDaily Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to change your permission settings. If you want people in validating to be blocked you must go to User Groups and changes the permissions.

Go to Member Groups ---> Manage User Groups ---> Validating ---> Tab "Global" ---> "Can access the site?" Click NO

Hope this helps!

JhudDaily, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  4. Mystical1

Mystical1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, it's very common that a person can log into their account without activating it. The only thing is, they can't do anything until the account is validated via their email and the administration approval. If you have an IPB forum setup where you have to login first to see the forum to force them to register, they can't see anything in the forum unless you have the categories set to be viewed by the public but have it set where you have to be registered to post in them.

Mystical1, Aug 2, 2010 IP