1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.
  2. Better Analytics for WordPress Get It Free

Buying IP Address Authentication System

Discussion in 'Programming' started by thebaron, Sep 5, 2010.

Need quotes for the following please...

My client (MC) has a service that stores their clients quality manuals online and reminds them periodically about required updates. Each client has distinct, propietary material that is stored in a folder structure, such as mc.com/company_a. MC handles the web development for the system, but requires a means of allowing their clients to access their material to check for accuracy and occasionally to reference something for a task they are undertaking.

The clients that require access exist as distinct companies with a range of IP addresses. They will need to access their material within a folder without restriction, and move about freely from page to page, but may not access another clients folder, which has it's own distinct material, accessible through their own people with their own IP address range.

A client may occasionally wish to access the material whilst travelling, from their phone, or from home, in which case they will be operating from a computer outside their normal IP range. In this case they will be prompted for a username and password. The username and password will have been provided to the client by MC, we'll have a list of them. If the IP the user is attempting to access from is not recognised, the user will have this username/password prompt. According to the login and password used, they can accces their folders material. MC will have master access using their IP range.

New clients will join the system, and they will have a new IP range, and username/password pair. This can be added through the system you create by me.

Technical Solution
    The suggested way to solve the problem is through an IP authorisation process. We will obtain the IP range for the company as part of the initial agreement between MC and their client. The user will access a folder through a shortcut on their desktop, and the IP will be checked against our list. If the IP matches, the access can continue. If not, the aformentioned username and password will be presented. The database will be searched for matching username and password pairs. If there is a match, the name of the client will be retrieved from the same database row, and the appropriate folder accessed (also from a column on the same DB row). If there is no match, a forbidden page will be presented. You will have access to MC control panel to construct a DB, and an FTP too.

As new clients join the system, I need to able enter a new IP range, and add new usernames and passwords into the DB.

thebaron, Sep 5, 2010 IP
  2. orb149

orb149 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Check your PM, and feel free to contact me via AIM at orb149

orb149, Sep 5, 2010 IP
  3. Gonzo4u

Gonzo4u Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello thebaron,

Which platform and scripting language are you using currently and what type of security measures are embedded into the existing system.
    PM me to discuss further on this project.

Regards,
    Gonzo

Gonzo4u, Sep 6, 2010 IP