1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IOS app developement and Outsourcing

Discussion in 'Programming' started by exodia, Mar 14, 2015.

Hi Guys I have a forum website that has an API and is ready for custom Native Apps.
    Now Im in the process of recruiting developers for the apps. I would like to know how does one tell a good IOS app developer from a bad one ?What cues should I look for? Also what is the worst that could happen if I get an average development who completes the Job?

exodia, Mar 14, 2015 IP
  2. PDD

PDD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ask for previous examples of their work. Ask for references, call up the references and ask how they acted and if they delivered on time/at all. Ask to call them by phone or skype to talk about the project. Ask them to write a summary of what they're going to do with their quote. See if it all adds up. If they pass all those tests then they're likely legit. And I'm not trying to be racist but there's a damn lot of shitty phone app developers from India, so avoid them if you can. Even though they're cheaper. They're going to produce bad quality 9/10 times.

PDD, Mar 15, 2015 IP
    exodia likes this.
  3. SofiaT

SofiaT Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with the previous opinion. I also want to add that if you have any information about the developer, you can see his profile at the social networks. It can tell you a lot about its owner. Or you can collaborate with professional and well-known developers team.

SofiaT, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  4. Ashith Kumble

Ashith Kumble Member

Best Answers:
    Relax Guys, As PDD mentioned 9/10 outsourcing agencies may be bad... but the real game is to find that right company who can deliver quality codes at competitive rates. I had been working with many outsourcing firms and I know and understand the plight of the customers there. if you want to get connected with great IOS team of developers or any other technologies for that matter, please let me know. I am the founder and CEO of AssociatedIT. I have recently founded AssociatedIT to assist global IT managers and technology leaders to make use of outsourcing by connecting them to the right teams across domains. The teams I connect have referable clients in US, you can test them, ask for sample codes etc.
    If of interest please let me know, I can certainly help.
    Thank you.

Ashith Kumble, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  5. ri2014

ri2014 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am IOS developer currently seeking for the project, you can contact me if you wish, the best way to test developer is to give him to work, we just wanna work, don't test him with few min interviews and judge him if he is good or bad in few minutes, that represents nothing and you can loose bunch of good developers, let him solve your problem.
    Challange your developer with tasks and if he starts to stall without any reason that I can call him bad one, past work is not so important if he does good work now.

ri2014, May 12, 2015 IP
  6. Itera Research

Itera Research Peon

Best Answers:
    4 Steps to Starting a Mobile App Development:

Step 1. Specify The Application Concept
    Step 2. Competitors
    Step 3. SOW (Statement of Work Document)
    Step 4. Data Flow

Detailed information here

Itera Research, May 19, 2015 IP
  7. Cristina Velasco

Cristina Velasco Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Our iOS developers are experts in Swift and Objective-C. We’ll help you every step of the way, from preliminary ethnographic, competitive and market research, to sketching and prototyping, to building a robust application and submitting to the app store.

Cristina Velasco, Jul 15, 2015 IP