1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Invoice for the funds

Discussion in 'Digital Point Ads' started by xaban, Jan 9, 2011.

How can I receive an invoice for the funds sent by PalPal?

xaban, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What are you looking for exactly? PayPal should send you a receipt already.

digitalpoint, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  3. jareso

jareso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whole problem is that receipt (invoice) which is available through PayPal in not sufficient enough in some countries! And using such receipt in company’s accounting is basically illegal by (specific country’s) law! At least unless further data are supplied as addition to data contained in PayPal receipt, the PayPal receipt cannot be used in company’s accounting!
    (And thus those companies cannot buy ads from you and you are limiting your advertiser base a lot.)

There are (many) countries (including Slovakia) where invoice needs to contain also your (DP’s):
    --- At minimum these ---
    1. full business name
    2. full billing address
    3. CRN [company registration number] (if available)
    4. TAX ID
    5. VAT ID (if available)
    6. date(s) of transition(s) / time frame of service(s), such as: from xy.xy.2011 to xz.xz.2011
    7. full description(s) of transition(s) described in detail, such as:
    ("Banner advertising services on forums.digitalpoint.com. Display of one banner of size of 468x60 pixels on main page of … , etc. etc.")
    8. Price(s) – [per concrete items + total sum]

I am sure that your inability of creating proper invoice as required by (some [but many!] country’s) law is discouraging a lot of people from ordering advertisements from DP. So I think you should think about it and take some action regarding invoices. Some automatic PDF download system for invoices, creating invoices after each transaction (with data as I described) would be great.

But at least -> are you able to supply (to PM or ideally write here to this thread - so other people can have benefit from it) data as described in points 1,2,3,4,5 ??? Or are you able to supply your (DigitalPoint's) Form W-9 in PDF ???

Because without these additional data PayPal receipts are illegal (for usage in company’s accounting and thus for TAX purposes in various countries) and no company (from those countries) will order from you!

Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
    jareso, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Maybe someday... right now it's just not a big priority though.

If a PayPal receipt somehow makes buying something outside of your country illegal, then so be it I guess... not a lot we can do to help that. How does Google get away with their invoiced not containing CRN, Tax ID, VAT ID, etc. on their invoices for AdWords? Are they also illegal?

digitalpoint, Aug 30, 2011 IP
  5. jareso

jareso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As far as I know, Google serves all companies based in European Union member states from their branch office located in Ireland – EU member state. And for this reason their invoices fully comply with rules of EU (all EU member state’s laws are forced to comply with EU rules soon or later too). Their invoices also comply with so-called "VAT transfer" (council directive 2006/138/EC <- basically it says: Person liable for tax payment is person, to whom services are supplied.) and have proper Ireland VAT ID.
    So there isn’t any problem, their invoices contain all data as required by EU and thus also by respective state laws too.

But back to the topic.
    Problem with PayPal isn’t that it would be itself illegal. PayPal is of course completely legal in Slovakia. But what is considered illegal is to take PayPal receipt that PayPal automatically creates (after transaction) and to put it to company’s accounting for tax purposes - in the version - as is <– that is illegal, because that receipt doesn’t contains all data as required by law and thus is illegal for tax purposes! <- This is the main problem!
    For tax purposes can be used only proper invoices, that contain all needed data. And the PayPal receipt (that kind of semi-invoice) isn’t considered real invoice in Slovakia! (Yes, … all this, is a kind of very complicated tax & law stuff.)

But what is more important, receipt PayPal creates could be considered legal and could be used for tax purposes in company’s own accounting IF and ONLY IF also additional data (missing data) were supplied in addition to the receipt and thus receipt was completed. This is the reason why I asked for your data: such as your (DP’s – or to whom that advertising system formally belongs <– company to which money is sent when billed through PayPal) 1. full company’s name, 2. billing address and 4. TAX ID. (3. CRN and 5. VAT ID are optional. These are forced for supply only if available and this is probably not your case, because you are no-doubt US based company and thus you doesn’t have any VAT ID, or CRN, so it is OK.
    (But I had to ask anyway. What if you were formally based in EU or elsewhere.)

I also asked for your (DP’s) form W-9 in PDF, because that form contains all needed data. W-9 form can be easily saved and printed when needed. Printed W-9 and printed PayPal receipt clipped on it can be considered substitute for missing formal invoice. It is not the cleanest solution of course, because the only clean solution is properly formatted invoice created by service supplier (you) with all required data.
    But when this case is not possible, everything is better than nothing!
    (But ONLY when all data as required by law are present!)
    And because there is no other solution available and you cannot supply proper formal invoice as required, than printed W-9 form with printed PayPal receipt clipped on it can be put to company’s own accounting for tax purposes and can be considered acceptable by people from tax bureau at a day of formal control from tax bureau offices.

So can you please supply what I asked for?
    Your 1. full company’s name, 2. billing address and 4. TAX ID, or better your W-9 form ???

Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
    jareso, Aug 30, 2011 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The info on our domain whois is correct contact info (company name, address, etc.), but I believe that should also be on the PayPal receipt...

Digital Point Solutions
    PO Box 5020 - PMB 1001
    Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067
    USA

digitalpoint, Aug 30, 2011 IP
  7. jareso

jareso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the information regarding your company’s data and for understanding.
    I already purchased some credits for CPC and will test it now, to see whether CPC is effective here at DP.

jareso, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  8. masoneya

masoneya Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So only get paid by Paypal.
    A shame they are not operating in EGYPT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

masoneya, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  9. uday nikam

uday nikam Peon

Best Answers:
    You mean to say pay pal, don't worry his following you after he check necessary.

uday nikam, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  10. jareso

jareso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just wanted to add - unlike as you think - your DP address is not part of PayPal receipt!
    This is all what is displayed about DP on PP reciept after payment.
    Merchant
    Digital Point Solutions

858-779-4130:

Maybe you should include also DP's address on every PP receipt. Is that is possible?

jareso, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  11. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Not sure, would be a question more for PayPal.

digitalpoint, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  12. jareso

jareso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have one additional question / request.

Can you please send me, or point me to download link of your FORM W-9 in PDF?
    I need this form to print it out and to put it to my company’s accounting – as a proof of domicile and identification of my business partner - your company.
    It is crucial to have a print copy of this form in accounting! Especially for purpose of giving it to Slovak tax bureau, upon request.
    You as US based company should have your FORM W-9 and you should give (as stated on FORM W-9) this form to anyone upon request. Thank you!

jareso, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  13. jareso

jareso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please, … now I don’t know what happened. No response from your side since I wrote my last post. But I need to know the answer.
    I am planning to add more credits to my DP advertising account, using money of my company. But I cannot do I unless I will have your W-9 FORM in PDF from you in my hand.
    (So I can print it out and give I to Slovak tax bureau upon request!)
    Can you please at least reply whether you will supply your W-9 FORM or not? So I can act accordingly.
    Every US company should give W-9 FORM (in PDF for example) to their business partner, upon request. (It is even declared on the W-9 FORM itself.)
    Every other US company had absolutely no problem with it so far.

Thank you very much.

jareso, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  14. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sorry, it's not something we offer.

digitalpoint, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  15. crispinfox3

crispinfox3 Member

Best Answers:
    i want to refund my money which i paid for my website advertisement.

because my website is no more exits. and i don't want advertise it.

how i can get refund please guide me.
    thanks

crispinfox3, May 8, 2012 IP