1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Investment SCAM in DP

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by ^DP^, Aug 28, 2011.

On 12th August, 2011, this person vuive (Tanya) started a thread in the partnership sub-forum where he was asking people to invest in a blackhat investment niche, where the returns would be 1111% as per her claim.

Minimum investment : $30
    Best investment : $60
    Maximum investment : No limit

Several people signed up for this partnership deal and one of the member DreamingBig was too much convincing.

All of a sudden on 16th August, 2011, vuive got banned for some reason and then the thread was locked too.

Many people filed a dispute in paypal and I don't know what was the outcome for each of the dispute, but even after the OP was banned, DreamingBig was still speaking in favor of the OP, since DreamingBig is the only person with whom the OP was in touch (through skype).

Many people would have learnt the lesson and I am also not discussing it to complain that Tanya scammed a lot of people, because this was entirely investor's decision to invest his/her money.

My concern is with the admins/mods who banned the OP and locked the thread.

Why ?

I need to know the reason what led them (mods/admins) to ban her and what led them to went ahead and lock the thread as well. Many people who had invested in this deal were left in the middle of nowhere because of the thread getting locked, because it was a place where they can communicate with each other in public about how they are dealing with the problem.

There should be some details on the thread before the thread got locked and before the OP got banned e.g. Mods have found that the OP is a scammer or OP is having dupe accounts, or whatsoever reason.

Was there someone involved from the Mods with Tanya ? Was it a pre-planned thing to get money from many people and then ban the OP as well as lock the thread ? This needs to be investigated.

Thread link : http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2255646
    vuive profile : http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=331530

^DP^, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Here we go again,yet another thread that does not belong in "General Chat".The complaint department is located on the 6th floor.Leave the elevator,turn left,proceed down the hallway,head to the office marked: "Suggestions and Feedback".

Spoiltdiva, Aug 28, 2011 IP
    psharma likes this.
  3. ^DP^

^DP^ Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, nvm. If the mods can lock a thread then I assume that they have the ability to move the thread to proper section as well. By the way, thank you for your guidance.

^DP^, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  4. ^DP^

^DP^ Peon

Best Answers:
    On 12th August, 2011, this person vuive (Tanya) started a thread in the partnership sub-forum where he was asking people to invest in a blackhat investment niche, where the returns would be 1111% as per her claim.

Minimum investment : $30
    Best investment : $60
    Maximum investment : No limit

Several people signed up for this partnership deal and one of the member DreamingBig was too much convincing.

All of a sudden on 16th August, 2011, vuive got banned for some reason and then the thread was locked too.

Many people filed a dispute in paypal and I don't know what was the outcome for each of the dispute, but even after the OP was banned, DreamingBig was still speaking in favor of the OP, since DreamingBig is the only person with whom the OP was in touch (through skype).

Many people would have learnt the lesson and I am also not discussing it to complain that Tanya scammed a lot of people, because this was entirely investor's decision to invest his/her money.

My concern is with the admins/mods who banned the OP and locked the thread.

Why ?

I need to know the reason what led them (mods/admins) to ban her and what led them to went ahead and lock the thread as well. Many people who had invested in this deal were left in the middle of nowhere because of the thread getting locked, because it was a place where they can communicate with each other in public about how they are dealing with the problem.

There should be some details on the thread before the thread got locked and before the OP got banned e.g. Mods have found that the OP is a scammer or OP is having dupe accounts, or whatsoever reason.

Was there someone involved from the Mods with Tanya ? Was it a pre-planned thing to get money from many people and then ban the OP as well as lock the thread ? This needs to be investigated.

Thread link : http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2255646
    vuive profile : http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=331530

^DP^, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  5. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Thread opened for feedback.

Smyrl, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  6. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    /facepalm Can anyone tell me a reason why would someone give you 1100% more then you invested ? Why wouldn't the person doing the operation use a his/her money to further get money for his/herself . Also how many people named Tanya Schwarts live in Jordan ?

My bet is that you got scammed and you'll never see your money again .

ApocalypseXL, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  7. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    I went to that thread and guess what I smelled? S-C-A-M, that's right, Scam. It is written all over it..

There are tell tale signs of it being a scam. Even someone said in that thread that it was too good to be true.
    I often find myself wondering how can people still fall for ponzi schemes, or Nigerian scams. Now I know...

I'd be really surprised if you get your investment back, let alone the 1100% of return.

Common sense dude,
    1) if I have a niche than can give me 4000% of ROI, no way in hell I'm gonna let anyone to have even a smell of it.
    2) I have a niche that only I know about and have a monopoly over it, yet I got buyers around the clock? What the heck I am? An alchemist with a freaking Philosopher's stone?
    3) Lets say I do have a niche that is capable of giving such ROI and I need investments? Even if I do need it, what will do? Will I go to a forum and ask for petty $30-$60 investments? No, if not anything else, I will go to a freaking Russian loan shark and get $200,000 on loan.

Good luck with the recovery of your investment.
    Tanya Schwarts did not scam you, your own greed did.

The Webby, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  8. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I followed the thread from start to finish and I can't believe that so many people actually gave over $100 to her....

As ApocalypseXL said (and me in the original tread): Why would she need your money if she could get 1111% ROI from her own money???

1. Never give away your money without knowing the person or what he/she is going to do with it.
    2. A person can be banned for many reasons, 10 infractions can come fast from multiple sources.
    3. I doubt any Admin would tell you about all the infractions the banned person has.
    4. You got only yourself to blame for investing your money in shady business.

GL HF, I hope you didn't invest much.

Wulkanen, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  9. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sales pitch looks kinda familiar....

robjones, Aug 28, 2011 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  10. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, now I feel bad about laughing so to make it up, I'll use my super secret tracking method to get all of you back your money, plus the profits that cheat promised you. I'm going to need some capital to implement the recovery... So each of you need to send $50 to me so I can get your money back. Just send that to my pay pal address: and I'll get right on it. Cross my heart. ~ Bernie Goldstein / Tehran, Iran

robjones, Aug 28, 2011 IP
    The Webby likes this.
  11. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    I have not invested in her scheme, can I still get my money recovered? And the profit?
    You may keep my money, just give me the profit..

~ A. Gullible

The Webby, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  12. ^DP^

^DP^ Peon

Best Answers:
    lol @ all above replies. I don't know how to mention that this thread was NOT opened to complain about the scammer and to receive your honest advises about what to do and what not to do. Because I already mentioned in the thread, if someone cared to read it.

The whole point of the thread was to get some knowledge about why the OP was banned and why the thread was locked earlier and now reopened.

Only one person (Wulkanen) has given a related reply to some extent.

Who exactly banned the OP ?
    Why was she banned ?
    Did she do something intentionally to receive infractions so that her account could get banned ?
    Was there someone from the mods involved in this fraud ? (Isn't there a possibility ?)

Anyways, thank you for all your feedbacks, but as mentioned earlier this thread is not to receive advises, but to find some other answers, so if you can put some light on those points then you're welcome. Thank you.

^DP^, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  13. CamChop

CamChop Peon

Best Answers:
    This reply was epic and therefore made me "lol".

CamChop, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  14. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Transactions on DP are private in nature and are not subjected to the jurisdiction of DP. You may wish to seek help from the relevant legal departments or engage a lawyer. Just to answer your question, we can sure move threads, but we normally leave a little mark on your infraction column if you do not bother to check where you are suppose to post.

wisdomtool, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  15. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Edited since the content is no longer relevant .

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
    ApocalypseXL, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  16. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Adding my two cents

Who exactly banned the OP ?
    One of the mods or admins

Why was she banned ?
    This is confidential information

Did she do something intentionally to receive infractions so that her account could get banned ?
    Again this is confidential information

Was there someone from the mods involved in this fraud ? (Isn't there a possibility ?)
    No, there is absolutely no possibility

wisdomtool, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  17. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The Forum admins did
    For violating DP rules
    How could anyone know whether the person got infractions intentionally or not. That is something only they would know.
    Is there any reason why you are placing suspicion on the admins/mods? The focus of your attention on mods seems bizarrely misplaced. Why do you think mods are involved? You seem to be drawing some association that because she is banned and looking at it like it is something is suspicious. People get banned around here all the time every day.

browntwn, Aug 29, 2011 IP
    Mightee likes this.
  18. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Giving money to a blackhot investment to a person of does blackhat. Stupid idea.
    believing in 1111% return investment. Super stupid idea.

There is no chance that a moderator would set up something like this for a quick buck. There probably was many complaints about the topic, and it was closed.

Laceygirl, Aug 29, 2011 IP
    Mightee likes this.
  19. Cucumba123

Cucumba123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't believe how people fall easily for such scams. That dude has scammed people over and over because of their stupidity but we can't let that go on because in the end, this is our community.

The scammer made over $29,199 according to the scammer's fake screenshot http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2255143

Then the scammer comes back with a Joint Venture plan here where people invest their money and receive 1000% back of their investments.
    If the scammer alone invested his faked shit, he would've made around $263,000. Why would the scammer seek investors?

Also people you can read here what the scammer got to say about DP, I picked this from Google Cache:
    http://i54.tinypic.com/hrihr7.png

You can read my post here about the scammer.

The scammer is very likely to return, there are a lot of dumb people around here so whenever you guys find something suspicious, just tell me and I'll let you know if it's the scammer's face.

Mods/Admins are out of control because the scammer keeps on changing IPs.

Cucumba123, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  20. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    We don't care mate.. Since you have fallen for such an obvious scam, we are going to point finger on you and laugh our asses off, and we WILL give you advices whether you want it or not.
    We know that you have probably learned your lesson already but we still mock you and laugh.

Because we are eeeevil !!!!

The Webby, Aug 29, 2011 IP