1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Inventory Management Databases

Discussion in 'Databases' started by LeiHazel, Nov 27, 2014.

Hi all.

Please bear with me as i'm not the most technical of people. We have built a website on the ecommerce platform Prestashop and are dealing with one supplier who provides all information of products, prices, stock availability etc through an FTP server which is updated hourly. The files on these are in XML format.

I am trying to see if there is a solution, middle man software, that will allow me to link these updating files to my website. Does anyone know if any exist or if this is a custom solution we would have to look at getting built? Any help is greatly appreciated. - Lei

LeiHazel, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You could probably set up a CRON-job to parse the XML, and input the entries into (or update existing records) in a database, if you want. But that would definitely be a custom job.

PoPSiCLe, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  3. Lanie2013

Lanie2013 Member

Best Answers:
    This module: http://netvianet.com/prestashop-modules/40-import-xml-products.html and a tutorial https://www.easycron.com/cron-job-tutorials/how-to-set-up-cron-job-for-nvn-import-xml-products maybe help you.

Lanie2013, Nov 30, 2014 IP
  4. LeiHazel

LeiHazel Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the help guys, i'll check all those out.

LeiHazel, Dec 4, 2014 IP