1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Interview

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Nigel Carrigan, May 4, 2015.

1. I will create a scenario please could I ask for some advice.

I have a 90 bedded care home and it only has 60 beds filled, we have done some analysis and can see that the reason is either one of these:

There is a smell of urine throughout the house
      or
      Our charge rate is £100 per week more than anyone else in the area.

We have sorted out the smell of urine, so now what as a marketing executive could I do to assist with getting the message out that we have solved this problem, what specific marketing steps could I do.

We have sorted out the weekly cost and brought it down to the same rate as our comptetitors, so now what as a marketing executive could I do to assist with getting the message out that we have solved this problem, what specific marketing steps could I do. Taking into account that advertising the cost on advertising and social media is not something we would do.

Any and all help is appreciated

Thanks

Nigel Carrigan, May 4, 2015 IP
  2. pianogirl

pianogirl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe state that you've had it renovated/redecorated/modernised? People who visited it when it stank will no doubt think about that first, and will hopefully think that it's gone.

pianogirl, May 5, 2015 IP
  3. beninbro

beninbro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried making visits to physicians and health care providers that already serve the elderly and asking for referrals? I know it's a bit old school but there are times when you just can't beat the effectiveness of face to face interaction.

beninbro, May 14, 2015 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You posted this exact same question a few weeks ago and I believe that I replied then, too.

With no advertising budget, you need to consider a PR effort. See if you can get a local reporter (newspaper, radio, or TV) to do a piece on your institution's new launch of an improved and more economical care service for his or her readers. It will take some persistence to get their attention and to convince them that your story is newsworthy, but if you get a story or two written about your place, it could go a long way towards filling up those beds. Be clear that the place is under new management and is worth a new look. Your brand may have suffered quite a bit due to the legacy problems that you outline above.

jrbiz, May 15, 2015 IP
  5. pianogirl

pianogirl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And in order to get reporters interested in covering your story, perhaps think about something different you could add to it. Or maybe an event you've held (e.g charity event) which would be suitable for the local newspapers.

pianogirl, May 15, 2015 IP