1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Internship Rant + Discussion

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Johnlarry, Apr 6, 2019.

I know all internships for any major, job, and field is competitive, but I feel like marketing internships want you to know how to design, code for websites and UX, know how to film and animate, pull/read data, analyze data, write blogs, and know SEO!

It feels like they want an art major, a business major, a statistic major, cs major, and an English major! Feeling like I need to find another major lol

Johnlarry, Apr 6, 2019 IP
  2. Johnlarry

Johnlarry Peon

Best Answers:
    ANy Updates???

Johnlarry, Apr 10, 2019 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    What type of companies are you applying at? Try changing up industries and size of companies.

I am not looking for interns right now, but when I do, I generally do not expect much beyond being able to write a complete and perhaps have some social media experience. Any graphical or other such capabilities are a plus, but not required. Of course, like any hiring manager, you try to get the best person that you can for the job at hand and if they have extra skills that might come in handy, it is always a plus. Barring that, what will impress me is a strong statement (and references) that will address your work ethic and discipline. Last thing that I want to do is for me or my staff to have to micro-manage someone because they do not even know how to work, never mind having marketing skills.

Note that I am head of Marketing (among other responsibilities) for my company which is a high tech manufacturer in the U.S.

jrbiz, Apr 11, 2019 IP
    mzonas likes this.
  4. sabyhliwi

sabyhliwi Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Pal this may be helpful http://linkshrink.net/7SbNDD you should have better skills than other candidates!
    good luck

sabyhliwi, Apr 11, 2019 IP