1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Internet marketing polutes us every day

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by optimizare, Dec 3, 2008.

I guess I am writing this post because I noticed all around people stop caring about stuff that really matters. This comes as an effect of how polluted each of us is everyday from all those slogans of internet marketers. At least this is my conclusion..

If you didn't understand any word of what I just said read below

I am going to tell you a story (this is not the first time this happened)

I see posts here on dp where the op sells books on different subjects or I see link selling but when was the last time you considered what's offered for free?

I can understand that most of you got tired to see the Freebies section full of not so great material but it isn't true. You should check it whenever you have the chance. All the best things in life should be free. Maybe on a webmaster and internet marketing forum few people still think this way but that few means a lot.

To be more exact I saw how interested many dp users are in buying links on high PR sites. So I decided yesterday to make an ebook and share with you a close guarded secret on how to easily get a Page Rank 4 on a new site in less than 3 months. Common you might say it would take at least 6 months for google to even consider your site for PR Update. Well as I said this is a loophole as you might call it. In any case. I offered this ebook free. The method is pure gold and I don't have any hidden intentions in offering it for free. I don't have any affiliate links in it, and it doesn't involve anything money related. Maybe it will after you try to monetize your new site...

I got zero response to it.. Practically you guys didn't even bother to read it. This just makes me ask myself. Are all dp members here on dp just for a chance for others to sell them such material. Don't get me wrong that isn't particularly a bad thing from many points of view:p But still..

Share your opinions with me on this subject because I am somehow puzzled.

optimizare, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  2. inets

inets Peon

Best Answers:
    Because alot of people are happier to pay someone else to do the work for them. Internet marketing has become a polluted industry. People spam, sell products for far less than other people to make sales and alot of people are lazy and think that if they build it "they will come" and wonder why they don't make money.

I've noticed over time(and this really annoys me) how people take a product which is worth $40 bucks and sell it for 30, then you find another site which does it for 20 and then another for 15 all in the name of making a sale. People under cut an industry where it's not required. All that happens is people end up losing money instead of making it. Why take one product and sell it for $10 which is worth $25? If marketed correctly and given the right sales pitch it can be sold for $25. Now that person has to work twice as hard to make just as many sales. I know some people will say that saleing it at a lower price will increase the sales, but lets be realistic. Lets say you sold 100 copies at $10, thats 100 copies that probably could have sold at $25, and even if you only sold 70 copies at $25 that still a higher profit margin than 100 copies at $10.

Alot of people are just to lazy and feel that selling products at stupidly low prices is the way to go and the worst part is that the people who push this idea are the very same people or "gurus" who sell the "secrets to making millions" ebook, video tutorials or mp3 files between the range of $50 and upwards to $300 and sell hundreds of copies. If the secret to selling products was selling them at stupdily low prcies then these books when released would only cost $20 bucks. But due to the hype and marketing done before hand through their mailing lists, forums and blogs they sell them at inflated costs and sell hundreds of copies, I call this smart marketing and have alot of respect for people who work this way.

If people really want to spend money to get people to do things for them, pay someone to write blogs on high ranking PR sites promoting their product with a backlink, replying to blogs with similar themes with back links to their products and replying to comments on forums once again providing back links through a well designed signature. And also, and this part is important, put in some effort on their part as well. Sell the product wth a couple of freebies centered around the product their selling. If selling a product which is built around increasing sales through effect marketing, then give away a couple of freebies which show to use blogs and forums to help promote your business and push sales. If selling a product which helps writing posts and automatically submiting them to ezines, then provide a free give away which shows how to write constructive articles which can equals increased sales and traffic to your website.

I remember seeing one landing page which was selling webiste building software for newbies then giving away tutorials on how to embed videos and mp3's into your website. I personally thought it was kinda redundant considering the person interested in the purchase of the software is new to the concept of webdesign. I would have been more inclinded to add ebooks on SEO, increasing traffic to the website once created.

I'm no internet marketing guru or have made millions through the internet, but I do make a living from the internet and a comfortable one as well and do work at it and probably harder than some others but the way I look at, if I have to work hard for 4 hours a day to make living which leaves me the rest of the day to do what I enjoy then it's well worth it.

inets, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  3. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is because of the fact that, more often than not, something which is offered free of cost has absolutely no value. I would love to take a look at your e-book, if you could share the link of the thread

peepin2me, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  4. inets

inets Peon

Best Answers:
    I was so busy having a rant and rave I forgot to mention that I would like to see it as well. Finding new ways to promote or increase your site rank never hurts.

inets, Dec 3, 2008 IP