1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Internet Download Manager (IDM)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by fernandofgg, Nov 26, 2017.

Hi community

I own a streaming video website with more than 10,000 titles, no downloads are possible in my site as the right click is not available
    But I just realize that tons of users arround ther world are using IDM to make free downloads from my site, I realize that after my bandwidth get exausted several times

Im here asking you how can I stop or block IDM on my dedicated server from keep downloading from my site?

Any help will be appreciated

Regard

fernandofgg, Nov 26, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    lol
    "no downloads are possible"
    "people make free downloads"

It's impossible to prevent all downloads using a browser. You can make it hard but there are clever people out there trying just as hard to make it possible.

Maybe by making a mobile app and just using the website for promotion you can do something...

sarahk, Nov 26, 2017 IP
  3. CUTA

CUTA Active Member

Best Answers:
    First upload the videos to the website, implement in the server side to encrypt them automatically and store, then in the client side embed a flash player which decrypts the video in real time and play. This is the most convenient way you can do it. However, there are several downsides of this method. Encryption, decryption take a significant amount of server/client hardware resources, flash players are barely used nowadays due to HTML5, I am not sure it's even supported in certain mobile platforms, this will literally hinder the user experience of slow bandwidth users, because they have to download the flash player, encrypted video which increase the amount of data to be downloaded. I think you might be able to do this with javascript too, like making it obfuscated, but it's not really reliable, but you will be able to stop a significant amount of users who use IDM.

CUTA, Dec 23, 2017 IP
  4. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Your site is...?

robyries, Dec 24, 2017 IP