1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

    Advertising (learn more)

    Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

    Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

International payments and tax

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by stephenmunday, Jan 22, 2006.

  1. #1
    I wonder if anyone has an insight into this: I am a British guy living in Japan with my American wife. I am a joint-signatory on my wife's US bank account. Now, say I have a business in which I receive payment in $s and they are paid into our US bank account in my name.
    Theorectically, I am making an income in the US and should probably have to declare that for taxation purposes. However, I have never lived in the US and do not have a tax code, green card or anything like that. I pay taxes here in Japan to the Japanese Govt., because this is where my official day job is.

    Anyone have any idea about what the IRS would want me to do?

    (I know I should probably ask a tax accountant about this, but until I get the business up and running, this is not an issue, and I don't want to go through a lot of hassle and cost if it looks like it will be hideously complex anyway.)
    stephenmunday, Jan 22, 2006 IP