1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

International Date formats on domain renewal invoices

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by andyc, Oct 1, 2004.

When renewing a domain, in the message on the invoice 'Payment of this invoice will renew the domain for 2 years from 10/3/2004' the date is in US format, even though invoices are set to English UK and Optigold is set to use system date format.

andyc, Oct 1, 2004 IP
  2. aenigma

aenigma Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't understant the question...

aenigma, Oct 1, 2004 IP
  3. ksandven

ksandven Peon

Best Answers:
    For instance - in Norway we write dates like this: 3.10.04 (Which is october 3rd).

Understand?

ksandven, Oct 1, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Unfortunately there is not a whole lot that can be done about that since it's using the FileMaker DateToText() function. If you go to My Stuff -> Preferences do you have your employee account setup to use dates/times based on your computer?

digitalpoint, Nov 19, 2004 IP
  5. andyc

andyc Guest

Best Answers:
    OK, sorry for the delay, but I have dug about some more into this problem.

On a renewal invoice, all the dates are in the correct international formats, except the date that follows the 'Renewal invoice comments wording' which is in US format. We are using a custom renewal invoice comment.

The machine is set to UK dates and times, and My Preferences are set to use System date and time.

My own feeling is that the machine is set up correctly - all the other dates on the same invoice are correct, indeed all the other dates shown around Optigold are correct - just not the renewal comment date. As you can understand, this is causing us some problems now. Clients are getting invoices just now that say their renewal date is 2/5/2005 - which might make sense to you, but in English means the 2nd of May 2005 - and are not paying invoices on time.

This is important, it needs a resolution.

A.

andyc, Jan 26, 2005 IP
  6. UmbrellaTechnologies

UmbrellaTechnologies Active Member

Best Answers:
    Was this a snail mail offer of renewal? Or from your registrar?

UmbrellaTechnologies, Sep 21, 2006 IP