1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Internal Server Error

Discussion in 'Apache' started by Al Capone, Aug 21, 2005.

Right now I have this error and I know why what I don't know is if it will go away with time. See, heres my problem, I accedently deleted me .htaccess from my server but I instantly put back the same exact one, all the pages on my site are rewritten urls so right now I am getting this error:

My question is, will this error go away with time and if so how long does it usually take, thanks in advance.

Al Capone, Aug 21, 2005 IP
  2. tflight

tflight Peon

Best Answers:
    The error won't just solve itself. :( It sounds like the copy you put back has a formatting problem in it. Perhaps it wasn't uploaded in the correct format or it wasn't an exact duplicate. Your Apache logs might also give a better understanding of what it is choking on.

tflight, Aug 21, 2005 IP
  3. J.D.

J.D. Peon

Best Answers:
    I gotta say - you've got guts running a server on your own... Anyway, if you copied .htaccess from your WIndows box, FTP to your server and make sure that .htaccess doesn't have any extensions added by the FTP client you used. Also, you are running Apache/1.3.33. I'm not sure if this version is tolerant to Windows line endings, like Apache v2 is (may be somebody else can verify this?). If it's not, this could be your problem.

If .htaccess is the exact copy of the original, check your Apache error log file. It's location depends on your configuration. If you are not sure where it is and you have access to your main config file, look for ErrorLog. The path will be the log file name. Usually it's named error_log. Check this file - most likely you will find the error there.

J.D.

J.D., Aug 21, 2005 IP
  4. Al Capone

Al Capone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont run my own server, I think my host has to refresh my .htaccess or something... I am not sure, what I am sure of is that its the same exact .htaccess because I trashed it then pulled it out of trash with file manager.

I am just wondering what will fix this problem, is there a way to refresh your .htaccess or something? I told my host to do it, waiting on a reply right now, I am not sure if its possible or if I can do it, any help would be appeciated thanks in advance.

hehe hoohoo fixed it :)

Thanks J.D. your right, the error log helped me but I had to take out the fallowing

php_flag magic_quotes_runtime Off
    php_flag register_globals Off
    php_flag allow_call_time_pass_reference On

php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

which doesnt make me happy, they use to work, now they dont/...

Hey, why was I able to use these command before:

but now after I deleted then restored it I am unable to use any command besides "ReWrite" I need to use
    as soon as possible I don't want google indexing session IDs because I will get duped content penility, please help.

Al Capone, Aug 21, 2005 IP
  5. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    talk to your host. If it used to work and now it doesn't chances are that they've made a change to their apache or php configuration.

nevetS, Aug 21, 2005 IP
  6. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    If you don't know much about .htaccess you are just doomed unless you get some professional help. I have the exact same problem with one of my sites, and I am waiting for my programmer to see my email so he can fix it, I tried everything I could and I still get a 500 internal server error :(

fryman, Aug 21, 2005 IP
  7. Al Capone

Best Answers:
    Fryman, look in your error log, if a 16 year old can fix his .htaccess (me) you should have no problem (not trying to offend you just save you money :)) J.D. told me to do it (thanks by the way) and it worked great, says in plain english why you are getting you 500 error so you can fix it :) whatever you end up doing, good luck, I know how it feels to have that problem as I just faced it last night :( but dont worry its ez to fix anyways good luck with that.

Al Capone, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  8. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    When it comes to server stuff I am a 3 year old :D

My coder fixed it already... it is a site that is giving me nice cop weight so I couldn't afford having it with errors

fryman, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  9. Al Capone

Best Answers:
    My host said he installed PHPsuexec on his servers, what does this mean for me I just want to get rid of session IDs and this doesnt work anymore:

php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

Al Capone, Aug 22, 2005 IP