1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Interesting - To me at least

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nitin M, Jun 23, 2004.

So, within a couple of days of me joining here, my profile page was listed as #12 in SERPS for the search term "Virginia Realtor".

I didn't bother to look at the actual URL after the first day it popped up, but now I see it looks like this:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?find=lastposter&f=17

It is not a direct link to my profile --- it is the main forums page link for last poster which actually runs a search to determine which profile to display.

If you click the link now - it is not me.

It will be interesting to see how long until it is removed from the google index ... it went in within just 48 hours.

hmmm.

Nitin M, Jun 23, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It will change, but by the time it does, Google will have picked up a new URL with your profile I imagine. And eventually it will figure out what the true URL of your profile is. Look up atlanta realtor for example.

digitalpoint, Jun 23, 2004 IP
  3. Nitin M

Nitin M White/Gray/Black Hat

Best Answers:
    Thanks Shawn. That makes sense.

I just thought it odd, there was no other link to my profile page that had been indexed ... so obviously the duplicate content filter caught that.

Nitin M, Jun 23, 2004 IP
  4. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Or google just hasn't found the other links to your profile yet.

schlottke, Jun 23, 2004 IP