1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Interesting Google story from my daughter last night..

Discussion in 'Google' started by gford, Mar 15, 2006.

1. idolw

idolw Peon

Best Answers:
    google is the best. it finds what i want. and it is fast. so fast that i can make two searches at the time of doing one yahoo/msn search.

idolw, Mar 16, 2006 IP
  2. Skinny

Skinny Peon

Best Answers:
    Man that whole script is like an ad for Yahoo! At least she found stuff. I use Google, but would have to agree that MSN gets things in their search engine faster than Google.

As for yahoo, I rarely use it. Just use what gets results.

Skinny

Skinny, Mar 16, 2006 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  3. irka

irka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MSN lists young websites, yahoo lists paid websites and google list both kind.

I think we need a search engines that makes the difference between profit and informations and if possible that knows what the content is about instead of parsing the whole script of each webpages and looking for keywords prominence and high keywords density a website carry on....

May be another challenge for the future :)

irka, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  4. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Called my daughter 2 days ago and she asked me to send her a greeting card and write down info on the email addy I've set her up a year ago ;) (so mommy won't see it) - I figure I go ahead and do it and log in once in a while to make sure everything is cool.

Blogmaster, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  5. meditang

meditang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use google and only turns to yahoo and MSN if results are not good.
    99% of the time google suffices

meditang, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  6. mavahntooth

mavahntooth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I used the 3 major search engine. so i can find and compare better results. :D

mavahntooth, Mar 24, 2006 IP
  7. proAOS

proAOS Guest

Best Answers:
    if i searched on google and didn't find what im looking for, my second choice was wikipedia.org! there i found just about the right information im looking for. ;)

proAOS, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  8. ePhase

ePhase Peon

Best Answers:
    While yahoo and msn have their problems, I'm finding google pretty inadequate these days. They have been focused on diversity and creating new revenue. Their indexing is pretty poor and extremely slow lately. MSN on the other hand is showing a lot more indexing grunt. Google is far from invincible. At present I think there is a great opportunities for other companies including MSN to steal some pf the huge share that Google has. More competition is good for the Internet as whole.

ePhase, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  9. brooklyn71

brooklyn71 Peon

Best Answers:
    Whenever my youngest sister (19) calls me up with some random question that I can't answer, I always tell her to check google. the other day she told me that she hated Google and only uses Yahoo. So I guess depite all the publicity, google is not always the search engine of choice.

brooklyn71, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  10. FireStorM

FireStorM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The kids are getting smarter day by day ... This is a great encouraging sign for the internet and also publishers :)

FireStorM, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  11. psyberweb

psyberweb Peon

Best Answers:
    this means that companies doing products for kids will advertise more in PPC tooo :)

psyberweb, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  12. ladybiker

ladybiker Peon

Best Answers:
    1. MSN (Live which is a redirect from search.msn.com )
    2. ASK
    3. Yahoo search.yahoo.com
    4. Google

The point about the ease and simplicity of the Google interface, just having a search box, is valid, and probably the main reason I use Google. The interface loads quickly and does not display blinking ads and irrelevant junk.

I dislike Yahoo. Instead of just a search box, it loads an entire page full of stuff I am not interested in, including blinking ads. It also does not load instantly.
    search.yahoo.com is a bit more acceptable, and loads faster than yahoo.com

The same thing is true of msn.com . search.msn.com now goes to live.com which, like Google, has just a search box. Live is starting to be acceptable because it is working with Firefox now. A few months ago I had to use rightclick to open a Live search result.

I will occasionally find better results at ASK or Altavista, so I turn to them when there is too much clutter elsewhere.

From a search results perspective, I used to rank Google at number one, but I think their algorithm weighs in on things like DMOZ directory listings a bit more than it should. I now put them 4th, after msn, ask, yahoo.

ladybiker, Jan 12, 2007 IP