1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Interesting Directory Promotion Strategy

Discussion in 'Directories' started by sarahk, Apr 8, 2014.

We were looking up the Cook Islands Consulate office yesterday and found the address online and repeated in a few places including G+ so my husband toddled off only to find they weren't at their address. A few phone calls and it turns out they've moved from the part of town which tourists find easy to access to the part of town that their citizens will find easy to access. A sad indictment on the problems immigrants face but that's a whole other story.

So I went back and looked at the G+ page and find that it had been created by one of our local directories that has been around for 9 years, does well in the SERPs and is useful to get details of companies that don't have websites.

I found the Cook Islands Consulate listing there and clicked on the feedback button and posted that the details were wrong. I got a stock standard response - they hadn't even bothered to check the listing. Google have atleast processed my report that the address was wrong and put up a warning.

[​IMG]

Has anyone else tried to do this with their listings?
    It seems an amazing way to get a huge number of inbound links from G+

sarahk, Apr 8, 2014 IP
    Rev Jain likes this.
  2. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure I'm understanding. Are you saying the Google+ is showing the "owner" of the Consulate listing as the directory? Is the directory Finda?

YMC, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    sarahk, Apr 9, 2014 IP