1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Interesting concept for generating PPC revenue! Feedback?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by LaCabra, Nov 3, 2005.

Hi All,

I ran across a interesting site today and would like to share it with you.

The site is: http://chinasourcing.ca/

The concept is interesting and has the potential to generate significant PPC revenue. These guys seem to have sites all over the place doing exactly the same thing. Do any of you know what this strategy is called or what software/script they are using? Would this be classified as a breach of any terms and conditions for the main PPC networks like overture or adsense?

Your feed back is appreciated!
    :)
    thanks
    Frank

LaCabra, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Uh... its called a parked domain, dude...

That one seems to be domainsponsors or fabulous

fryman, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  3. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    fryman -
    You know I've been around here for a little while now and have always bit my tongue and shaken my head on a many of your posts. You have a way with words! Now since you've decided to share you lack of wisdom once again - I'll gently inform you that it is not a "parked" domain - "DUDE"! Do a little more research! BTW fryman ... parked domains love to blow money on adwords - NOT! Oh one last thing fryman, I'll even tell you in your mother tongue - No me puedo creer que te comportas de tal manera, dia tras dia. Mejor que empieces a tratar a la gente de DP con un poquito mas respecto - no crees? Que tengas un buen dia!

Now would other more aspiring minds care to provide their feedback? I've found the site through an adwords ad while searching for asian hardware sources or something similar. I also ran across a similar site in the textile industry.
    thanks
    Frank

LaCabra, Nov 3, 2005 IP
    mopacfan likes this.
  4. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    PMS time, huh? Not my fault that you are such an ignorant person that doesn't know about hitfarm.com, go Google it and try to learn something.

fryman, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  5. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Whatever fryman! I'm talking about the concept they are employing. A simple "view source" will show you the hitfarm.com reference. Oh and before I forget thanks for the "red" - (Nov 3rd 2005 2:58 pm stupid newbie)
    hahahaha
    Frank

LaCabra, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  6. ppcwiz

ppcwiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hitfarm is a domain/traffic monetization service...you earn revenue via ppc ads.

the program is currently exclusive and mostly by invitation only. there aren't even 100 users in the system -- mostly been made available for the "bigger players" with thousands of generic high trafficked domains.

they currently serve 200,000+ domains. one of the few ppc parking overture feed partners and currently one of the top 5 ppc companies out there overall based on payouts, service, etc.

ppcwiz, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  7. Cool1g

Cool1g Peon

Best Answers:
    i'd agree that that page is an example of a 'parked' domain...

Cool1g, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  8. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    ppcwiz, thanks for your insight! It definitely helps! Now give this guy some green! Now I wonder if someone developed a similar program whether or not it would breach any of the PPC terms of use/service - i would say probably! ppcwiz comments?

LaCabra, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  9. Cool1g

Cool1g Peon

Best Answers:
    sayles - there are several parking page companies out there - what they do is enter into agreements with the major ppc providers to allow the ppc results to be placed on the parking page company's domains. they take a % of each click and you get the rest. its not against any TOS - they ppc companies are happy as it gives them more potential places to get clicks from.

Cool1g, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  10. ppcwiz

ppcwiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, there are over 20 domain parking companies offering their services to anyone who owns domains, whether it is 10, 1,000...or 100,000 :)

the companies negotiate certain ppc rates with google/yahoo. once they have a partnership with either one, they build a system to display relevant ppc ads on domains.

$100,000,000+ plus industry.

ppcwiz, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  11. ppcwiz

ppcwiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    to sum it all up...basically, they are the middle-man between you and google/yahoo. they get a cut each and everytime there is a click.

so you are getting a percentage of a percentage of a percentage.

google -> pays half or whatever to the middle-man.

middle-man -> pays you 70% or whatever.

you -> usually get paid around ~30% of what the actual click is bidded

ppcwiz, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  12. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Great information folks - ONE LAST Question - What is stopping plane-jane Joes like us from doing the exact same thing without having to give away a cut? Seriously! I have several domains that have great potential but I am doing nothing with them and would consider implementing such a system. Now certainly I could go to one of these organizations and give them a cut but if I don't have to, I'd rather do it myself. I "believe" the adsense TOS says you can't develop a page specifically for PPC that there must be legit content on the page.

Any further thoughts?
    Thanks again!
    Frank

LaCabra, Nov 5, 2005 IP
  13. ppcwiz

ppcwiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

why are this programs so popular, great and beneficial to many domain owners? well, there are many reasons...the most important one is the revenue-share that they pay out. they are able to negotiate the highest returns possible directly with google/overture becuase this guys are already experts in this field, with many dedicated portfolio's of people with tens of thousands of domains, etc.

an average joe will not even qualify for a partnership with google/overture. you will not even get a reply. you gotta have millions of unique visitors per month, from quality generic domains such as college.com or virus.com for example.

they are looking for serious folks who have something to offer and which can create a win-win situation for both sides, they will consider both quality and quantity.

ppcwiz, Nov 5, 2005 IP