1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Interesting articles on Digg for webmasters

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by infonote, Oct 16, 2006.

Some articles about web development/marketing on Digg today include: (some are pretty basic but provide a good summary).

I will try and make this a daily summary. I am linking to Digg as some comments in the Digg are useful and funny sometimes.

1)

Making niche sites/blogs is the easiest way to earn a few dollars on the Web. Write some content, promote your site and convert search engine traffic into $. Read further for some promoting tips.

digg.com/tech_news/How_to_promote_niche_sites

2)

With old-school table layout methods, vertical positioning is a piece of cake. With CSS layout, it ’s a piece of something else. This article shows how to regain control of footers and other vertically positioned layout elements via CSS, JavaScript, and the DOM.

digg.com/design/Exploring_Footers_in_Web_Design

3)

In 2000, Microsoft released the first beta of a product called .NET 1.0. The product, a framework of classes, was the answer to problems that Microsoft faced from the developer community, particularly the Java community. Microsoft was seen as old-fashioned and behind the times. The .NET Framework convinced many, and now developers embrace .NET.

digg.com/programming/Deconstructing_NET_3_0

4)

Only geeks use RSS feeds. Is this true? Unfortunatly yes. Why? well because like most things in web technology and computers only geeks can understand that nothing is one hundred percent all the time. Here are five other reasons why the average internet user does not use RSS.

digg.com/tech_news/5_Reasons_Why_RSS_Feeds_are_Not_Popular

5)

Here are some 404 pages I found that are noteworthy. I never knew you could make them so cool! I wish more websites would make them like this.

digg.com/design/Is_there_an_art_of_404_pages

If users/admins/mods do not want me to do this i will stop. If you find this useful i will try and make it a daily feature.

infonote, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  2. 30k Challenge

30k Challenge Peon

Best Answers:
    The niche blogs are definately a great money maker. We have done both standard blogs (slow and steady) and fully automated ones to drive a ton of traffic virtually overnight. With a proper layout and a good subject the clicks really add up.

30k Challenge, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  3. andyem

andyem Peon

Best Answers:
    So would everyone agree if all of those steps are taken with high searched keywords the money should start to come in 6-12 months?

Blog and Ping
    Article Submission
    Forums
    Search Engine Optimization
    Text links

?

andyem, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  4. 30k Challenge

30k Challenge Peon

Best Answers:
    What are you considering money? Any money? $xxxx or above? Please explain and I'll respond.

30k Challenge, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  5. andyem

andyem Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahh sorry lol. Basically I want at least 1K per month after a year. I know in the big scope of things its small but if I can make 1K per month after a year I can easily put up a lot more websites focusing on other themes.

I currently follow all the above steps with 1 500 word article a day and will for the entire year. All original and different topics on my keywords. I have given myself one full year doing it the right (legit) way.

andyem, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  6. DFischer

DFischer Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm interesting, thank you.

DFischer, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  7. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1)

Questions to ask a SQL Server database developer applicant

Tim Chapman presents his standard set of baseline technical questions he asks SQL Server database developers during an interview. These questions will help you weed out less-qualified candidates.

http://www.digg.com/programming/Questions_to_ask_a_SQL_Server_database_developer_applicant

infonote, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  8. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1)

Yahoo Search Marketing’s New Platform Goes Live

This afternoon Yahoo announced that it is finally going live with the rollout and transition to its new Yahoo Search Marketing platform, dubbed ‘Panama’.

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/?p=3907

2)

Firefox 2.0 Review

In this post, we take a look at what the Firefox team is going to deliver in their upcoming major release: Firefox 2.0. We ask the question: will it be enough to make significant ground on IE?

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/firefox_20_review.php

3)

Screenshot Thumbnails with WebSnapr

WebSnapr is an interesting new service that provides thumbnails of almost any webpage. This lets you do all sorts of interesting things, including having an popup preview bubble of any link on your website.

http://www.folksonomy.org/2006/10/generate_screenshot_thumbnails.html

4)

403 Forbidden: A Geek’s Guide to Rejection

I'm a geek. Based on the content of this blog, many of my readers are too. But some of you just may have seen a woman at some point. If you have, you have likely been rejected, but don't understand what she means. This handy guide will put rejection into terms we can all understand — HTTP Response codes. Implementation via PHP.

http://www.seoegghead.com/blog/seo/403-forbidden-a-geeks-guide-to-rejection-p148.html

infonote, Oct 18, 2006 IP