1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Interactive quiz page/wordpress

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by monkeytrick, Oct 5, 2016.

Hi there,

I'm new to making websites, but have made one on WordPress. The website is intended to be quiz based, and I'm desperately trying to find a way of adding an interactive quiz I've made on Powerpoint (with graphics) to a webpage (or even have it as the webpage itself).

In terms of user interaction there is only two buttons (back and forward), which the user would select.

So far, the best solution I found was converting it to a Flash file, however this isn't working on Wordpress and I've been told few computers use Flash now.

I'd really appreciate some advice on this.

monkeytrick, Oct 5, 2016 IP
  2. wordplucker

wordplucker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you know millions of people play games on Facebook using flash? A lot of the animated banner ads are flash objects too....

A quick search on Google showed me this, and there are probably others.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/kimili-flash-embed/

Edit below
    Yeah, I just checked the compatibility on that link, it's been a while since it was updated, so a newer one is a must.

But, search wordpress.org s plugins for what you need.

wordplucker, Oct 5, 2016 IP
  3. monkeytrick

monkeytrick Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply, Wordplucker.

I tried using Kimili but am having a few issues with it. Do you know whether it's worth using Flash, or is that little used these days. I need to use a format that will be usable on a fair few PCs.

monkeytrick, Oct 5, 2016 IP
  4. wordplucker

wordplucker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As I said, the Adobe Flash Player is needed to play all of those Facebook games people annoy the hell out of me with requests for. Flash is not going to up and vanish any time soon.

Also, I did say to search wordpress.org, or, more specifically https://wordpress.org/plugins/ , for a newer updated plugin.
    You will want to learn to do the searches yourself later, to get the right plugins quickly without this hassle.
    You can also search for the plugins by going to plugins --> add new on your wordpress dashboard and searching there, makes it far easier to install and active doing it from your admin panel anyway

wordplucker, Oct 5, 2016 IP
  5. monkeytrick

monkeytrick Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Many thanks for your help, Wordplucker.

It seems the issue is at the hosting end, as I've uploaded it to a folder but can't seem to get a proper link for it. Will have to dabble.

Thanks again.

monkeytrick, Oct 6, 2016 IP