1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

INTEL vs AMD

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by joeychgo, Oct 9, 2004.

IM considering buying a new computer. I have ALWAYS bought Intel processors -

Im wondering which model AMD compares with which model INTEL - and how they stack up against each other.

joeychgo, Oct 9, 2004 IP
  2. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Saw this processors & memory page the other day - its got links to amd vs intel benchmarks - you may want to check the remarks at the foot of the page for some opinions too...

Lever, Oct 10, 2004 IP
  3. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I've not ever bought an intel processor since the days of cyrix. All I use is AMD and I've found them to be faster and more reliable than intel over and over again. My pc at work is an intel 1.7ghz w/ 1mb ram. My home pc is an AMD 1.9ghz (2400). The .2ghz is not a significant difference if you're strictly comparing numbers. However, my work pc continually, without fail, bogs down and many times comes to a standstill when switching between applications like photoshop and outlook. My home pc (AMD) screams through anything, no matter how many applications I have open or how big the graphics file is in photoshop. You could not pay me to buy an intel POS. Of course, this is my opinion, but take some time to read this article:
    You'll get my vote for AMD any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

mopacfan, Oct 10, 2004 IP
  4. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    trouble is - I dont know which amd processor equals say an Intel 3.0ghz

joeychgo, Oct 10, 2004 IP
  5. l0cke

l0cke Active Member

Best Answers:
    AMD uses "Performance Rating" vs using actual clockspeed therefore an AMD 3000+ performs in the same range as a 3.0ghz intel processor but only runs at 2.0ghz.

I am also an AMD man..

l0cke, Oct 10, 2004 IP