1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Integration of AdWords & Google Base

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by SG_Ohio, Feb 5, 2010.

What do you think about the integration between adwords & google base...i.e. now some companies can have their Google Base feed integrated with AdWords...thus showing their product pictures in PPC ads.

Do you think this will adversely affect Google's revenue...because if people start clicking on the product pictures...Google won't be getting paid. Or will they start charging for product feeds?

SG_Ohio, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  2. aeroz1

aeroz1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I entered my Adwords ID into my Google Base Share With Adwords panel.
    I then loaded up my Adwords campaing and try as I might - I'm unable to figure out how to create a "Product Extension" for my campaign to tie my campaign to my Base listings.
    Can anyone help me get them connected?

aeroz1, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  3. Greg Goodson

Greg Goodson Peon

Best Answers:
    I was fortunate to be a beta tester of the product plusbox for adwords listings. This only helps Google as the plusbox attracts the eye to the users on the SERP. The CTR that we had through these plus boxes was much higher than without them. Google is only benefitting from this because if you do expand a plusbox and click on an image, Google still gets paid. Google will not start charging retailers for listing their product feeds.

Some industry folks say that Google will begin charging retailers to list on Google Product Search. If this happened, there will be massive backlash. Google beginning to charge for GPS listings would be getting awfully close to bait-and-switch strategy, which isn’t in Google’s best interest. There is no good way to start charging retailers for something that has been free for its 7+ years of existence. Google Analytics is free, Google Docs is free, Google Mail (g-mail) is free, Google Reader is free: so what would happen if Google started charging for all these services? It would be pretty ugly. As an ‘industry folk’ myself, I’ll stand firm that Google Product Search will remain free.

- Greg

Greg Goodson, Jun 12, 2010 IP