1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Integrating vBulletin with YouTube

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by fb-guy, Mar 25, 2008.

We have a vBulletin forum that I want to integrate with YouTube. We have added the BBCode, so members can embed YouTube videos that play within the thread -- which is good. We have also set up a channel, where our company will post instructional videos.

I would like to extend our community where our members can easily post their own videos and see other community members videos. We could do this by creating a "Video" forum within vBulletin, and asking our members to post their videos on YouTube, then embedding them in the forum. But that doesn't sound great.

It doesn't build our community on YouTube.

Is there a community function in YouTube that would do this? Can I set up our YouTube channel to accept user produced video?

Thanks for any input on this.
    FB

fb-guy, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  2. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There are several mods on vBorg that can do this. I would have linked you to one, but there are several, and it's likely best you search yourself and pick which one suits your needs the best.

Actually, the real reason I didn't give a link was because most of the thread titles are misleading in that they just tweak out the bbcode like ya already got... but there are still options for you there.

Best of luck! And if you pick one, share it and let us know how it works for you.
    Q

Qryztufre, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  3. edr

edr Guest

Best Answers:
    Google is opening up the YouTube API and as a result I expect to see several new YouTube hacks for vBulletin

edr, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  4. fb-guy

fb-guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks all,
    I will do a search. For now, I have set up a Channel for content we will produce, and a Group for content members will produce -- and invited everyone to embed the YouTube video in their threads in the vBulletin forum.

That will get us started.
    FB

fb-guy, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  5. fattony69

fattony69 Well-Known Member

Best Answers: