1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Insurance site with good pr/traffic/indexing

Discussion in 'Sites' started by johndavis74, Apr 10, 2015.

Why are you selling this site?
    I bought this site last year to use for a traffic driving project from classified ads and I have used it for the past 7 months but I have bought a new site to use and I no longer need this one.

How is it monetized?

I bought it to use for adsense but you can use CPA networks on it as well but my focus was totally for adsense. It has made $11k in the past 7 months via adsense ( I can verify) but most of that is from our free traffic generation methods.

Does this site come with any social media accounts?
    No I never set any up.

How much time does this site take to run?
    It depends on if you just let it sit and earn a little or if you want to work the site. It made about $1300 last month but I spend about 10 hours a week on it.

What challenges are there with running this site?
    Not really much to do other than content.

The site has a lot of indexed pages in good and a good page rank. It has had 153k page views over the past 7 months with the average visitor staying almost 3 mins and over 3 pages per visitor.

The site is not going to make $1300 to $2k a month like it has been without using my traffic method and I am just changing sites but it will get some natural search traffic as well with about 7% of the traffi (3k visits) were search related.

The site is priced without the income considered and I will take $400 for it which is a great deal. This would be a great site to take to the next level and add content. The site has a great cost per click and a click through rate.

I can add someone to the google accounts to view revenues and traffic if your a serious buyer.

johndavis74, Apr 10, 2015 IP
  2. tradesol

tradesol Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    50.0% - 1
    hi please pm me very interested. can pay per lead insurance programmes be added for interesting income? also will you pass on this free traffic method you mention?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015
    tradesol, Apr 10, 2015 IP
  3. johndavis74

johndavis74 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    94.1% - 16
    Yes you can use cpa type programs. I used to use one of them but I did better with adsense. I will show you one method I use but not the other. The site has made between $1300 to $2k a month using the two methods and for $400 I am not going to share a method I make that much on per month but I will give you one method that works pretty well and will make you some money.

4. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    Please post Adsense screenshots - I need to see daily clicks, CTR and impressions for at least 3 months please.

Matthew Sayle, Apr 10, 2015 IP
  5. johndavis74

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    94.1% - 16
    If you have a gmail account that does not have a adsense attached to it I can just add you to the account so you can see the past 7 months

6. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    This appears to be an autoblog - did you know that Adsense isn't allowed on websites with duplicate content?

Matthew Sayle, Apr 10, 2015 IP
  7. johndavis74

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    94.1% - 16
    It is not an autoblog and I have had no issues with adnsese and they have reviewed the site.

johndavis74, Apr 11, 2015 IP
  8. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    It may not be an autoblog but the content also isn't unique - you may not have had any issues before but displaying the website in public like this could get someone's attention. All it takes is one complaint for Google to review and ban your account.

Also, it's really none of my business but I am curious...
    Your Digital Point username implies your name is John Davis however all of your Google accounts, Analytics and Adsense reports as well as Whois registry are for an account under the name "Steph Miller". Have you had an Adsense account disabled in the past and therefore using a family members account?

Matthew Sayle, Apr 11, 2015 IP
  9. Paz

Paz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    96.2% - 25
    It is none of you business and I've just reported your post.

Paz, Apr 12, 2015 IP
  10. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    That's fine - it's none of my business but I do believe it to be a valid question. Maybe they have more than one DP account? Maybe they are scamming people and using a fake name so that they can't be found?

They are selling a very high-preforming website for less than they make in a single month - you don't find that slightly odd?
    This website would sell on Flippa for THOUSANDS of dollars - yet they are selling it for $400. Report my post all you want, but it's still a valid question.

Matthew Sayle, Apr 12, 2015 IP
  11. johndavis74

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    94.1% - 16
    I am not sure where you get it is duplicate content. If you run a copy scape report yes it has some hits and when you click on the link it shows that 6% of the words are the same. I don't think anyone would consider it duplicate when only 6% of the words are the same.

I have never in 11 years had an account banned. I do have more than one account. One is in my name and one in my wife's name because it keeps my tax rate lower.

As far as the site being worth more on flippa if you would take the time to read the post I clearly stated that the traffic is from a traffic generation method that is not included in the sale of the site so without $2k in revenues a month it is not worth thousands of dollars. I added you to the Adsense and analytics so you could see first hand that only 6% of the 25k pages views a month were from natural search.

So with that being the case it will only get a few thousand pages views and prob $40 or $50 a month in revenues without the traffic I send to it so the price is in line with industry standards. I am not the type person who is going to post a site for sale on flippa and tell them it will keep making thousands a month when I know it will will not.

And I showed you data from the Adsense account back to last year so I don't know why you assume any account has been banned and if Google bans a site for duplicate content the site is blocked from showing ads.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    johndavis74, Apr 12, 2015 IP
  12. johndavis74

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    94.1% - 16
    And I will trade for a different site that is web design or hosting related.

13. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    There are some hits that are much higher than 6%. I have analyzed every single hit on a couple of your articles - it is very clear that you are all using the same exact article - only you know how to use an article spinner... congrats.

That being said - your articles aren't as bad as some I have seen, but they are definitely spun articles and not hand written - there is absolutely no doubt about that. Did you write them yourself?

I read the post very clearly, thanks for that. You stated that the traffic WITHOUT your super secret traffic method would hold steady at 3,000 visits per month. Since you are in a high paying CPC niche - let's do the match on a modest $1.00 per click at 5% CTR, this is about where my (and any other investors) websites sit.

5% of 3,000 visitors = 150 clicks

Now, we all know insurance is one of the highest paying keywords in Adsense. I currently have 8 insurance related websites and I have had some clicks as high at $6.00 - however, for the sake of arguments let's go with a buck per click, which is $150.00 per month in profit.

Now, this $150.00 per month is completely automatic and is being generated by 3,000 ORGANIC visitors per month. Not including any CPA or Affiliate sales you may make during the month.

The traffic ALONE with all revenue ignored would sell for $500 - $750 IF you can prove that you are on the front page for some decent keywords. Now, I am not calling you a liar here - I am simply stating a general fact.

Now, let's take the revenue that this traffic is bringing into the equation. Usually we would take the revenue and times is by 10. This is about the norm for Flippa, although it does vary sometimes. I think x10 is a good value for this website because you are claiming organic traffic in a very competitive niche, which is no easy task. This makes the income here a little special, and therefore would add about $1,500 to the sale price.

Example breakdown:
    Traffic = $625
    Revenue = $1500
    Sold price on Flippa = $2,125

Now, you mocked me for saying it would sell for thousands on Flippa, and insulted my intelligence by claiming I didn't read the entire post. However, I am not some idiot running around trying to ruin sales. There are legitimate questions that need to be asked before the sale of any digital property. However, I am not convinced by your traffic and/or the legitimacy of your content so therefore I am no longer interested in purchasing this website.

14. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    I do have a website hosting company I was thinking about selling - I have 33 clients who pay $20.00 per month currently. Let me know if you're interested. However, it's going to be a cash deal as I can't trade for this site. Anyway - I am not completely ready to sell yet just was thinking about it recently (My wife keeps wanting bigger and bigger houses!)

15. johndavis74

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    94.1% - 16
    1. I bought this site and did not write any of it but while I am sure the articles are spun that does not mean it is duplicated content. What started this conversation is your stated that google would ban the site because it is an autoblog and it went from being an auto blog to duplicated content to now you think it will be banned because some of the articles are similar to other sites and seem to be spun articles.

2. You said "I read the post very clearly, thanks for that." and "insulted my intelligence by claiming I didn't read the entire post." ...and here is why I say that. The 3k visitors was based on the percentage of the 153k page views OVER SEVEN MONTHS. I gave you access to the google analytics and there was 48,200 visitors over the 7 month period and 7% was organic which is 3300 visitors OVER SEVEN MONTHS which is clearly stated above. So lets do my math.

3300 visitors over 7 months = 471 visitors per month of organic traffic
    471 visitors per month x a 5% ctr that is 23 clicks per month

Now that is using your math. My math is based on actual numbers (which you had access to) and the ctr was 6.13% and the average cost per click was $1.25 (again based on data not made up numbers).

So based on the real numbers over 7 months the site has had 3,037 vistors from search results at a 6.13 click rate at $1.25 a click
    3,037x.0613=186 clicks
    186x$1.25=$232
    $232/7months = $33 a month in income
    Based on 12x revenues that is $396....I rounded up to make it even.

So when I made the comment that you didnt read the post it was based on facts not me being a jerk. I have been in this business for 15 years and I can tell you that guys like yourself who assume everyone else is dumb or trying to scam you first until they prove you wrong are usually not very sucessful.

16. johndavis74

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    94.1% - 16
    And another factor that you should consider when buying or providing analysis for other buyers "according to your sig there is a lot of factors you need to consider such as returning visitors. While the traffic methods I use are not included in the sale the returning visitors from that traffic can be significant as well. If you looked at the data 18.9% of the traffic over the 7 months was returning visitors so out of 48k visitors it came up to about 1200 visitors per month on average that were returning visitors (usually direct traffic not search based) so when you add the 1200 to 471 from search you could see 1500+ visitors per month which is a decent value at $400

17. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    What I am deciphering here is that possibly you are referring to the 3,000 visitors as a cumulative amount over the entire time you owned the site. Usually traffic and revenue are claimed monthly. You could have just explained that in better detail instead of all of your fancy math - obviously I was running the numbers on a monthly amount.

Also, Analytics is only used for reference, as it can be manipulated in many ways. It should never be the sole decider of a website value. In the above example, I was using your words "3k visits were search related" as a benchmark for my valuation. Of course, if I was going to be purchasing the site I would have dug a lot deeper - my apologies for not understanding your weird analytics in the OP mixing what we DO get, what we DON'T get etc. - It's quite confusing.

In the eyes of Google it's the same thing. I took this snippet below directly from a trusted Google source:

Fact: We don’t allow sites with auto-generated or otherwise unoriginal content to participate in the AdSense program. This is to ensure that our users are benefiting from a unique online experience and that our advertisers are partnering with useful and relevant sites.

All we need to do is submit the website to Google's review board and let them decide - you seem pretty confident that they will clear the site, right?

Matthew Sayle, Apr 13, 2015 IP
  18. johndavis74

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    94.1% - 16
    But here is the thing...if you read this line "I can add someone to the google accounts to view revenues and traffic if your a serious buyer." So I assume a serious buyer can look at the stats and info and make his own decision. I did give you access but what you did was just not really look at the numbers but instead you came to the thread and posted your degragator comment because your trying to sell your site valuation services. Had you actually been interested you would have review the information that I spent my time providing you when you were really not interested and then post info in which you have no idea what your talking about.

As far as the site it has been (twice) reviewed by google. I have been a publisher for 11 years and have made over $1m from adsense and my guess is you have far less experience with adsense so yes I am very confident. So what you are telling me is once someone writes one website about the a subject no other website can provide similar information and display adsense. The site is not auto generated and is orginal. That is what orginal is, when it is wrote in your own words.

I have looked at your post and you seem to do the same thing in a lot of peoples sale threads. You try to make yourself look smart by bashing everyones threads but you dont even take the time to actually put any thought into what you are say. When someone points it out you blame them saying they didnt make it clear but if you were honest I did make it clear and provided you full access to the numbers. You were just trying to give the false impression that you know what your doing when buying sites when in fact you do not.

So when someone points out that you are wrong you want to make threats to turn the site into google. You can do that like I said it has been reviewed and now every site is reviewed when you apply but it is the way you do business I have an issue with.

johndavis74, Apr 13, 2015 IP
  19. johndavis74

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    94.1% - 16
    Lets be honest...take a look at all your post
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/lyrics-sites-with-page-rank.2751447/#post-19154268
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/shinevista-com.2751441/#post-19154265
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...e-neat-design-huge-bin.2751387/#post-19153888
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...pdated-starter-website.2751382/#post-19153878
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...ears-aged-great-design.2751062/#post-19152569
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...s-traffic-stats-posted.2750770/#post-19152234

Every post you have some negative to say, and there are a lot more of you complaining and bashing peoples threads. It might be time for the ban hammer. Digitalpoints quality has went down over the past few years and allowing users like this is one of the reasons why. If you want to be in the business bashing everything everyone else does is not the way to make money in this business.

johndavis74, Apr 13, 2015 IP
  20. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    I don't sell anything to anyone. This is something I do for fun because I am sick and tired of people being scammed by non transparent sellers.

Your listing is not bad... I did want to clear a few things up because a buyer should know exactly what they are buying, especially from an investment standpoint.

My signature means nothing to me and I will remove it if need be... I give away themes, domains and advice completely for free to anyone who asks. I have about 20 domains that I decided not to develop, you want a few?

I currently have over 300 domains registered in my name and operate well over 250 of them. I made over $100,000 profit on Flippa ALONE last year NOT including what I made in profit to claim the actual revenue. I just put 20% down in cash on a $350,000 house. I have never disclosed my personal finances before but you have struck a nerve.

Also, even if the ban hammer comes - I will never go away. Scamming on Digital Point is over... period. This is my hobby and I decide when its over.

Now, I told you before - I am not calling you a scammer. I have viewed your data and you seem legit to me... I just wanted to clear a few things up and you declared war.

Can we both go about our own business now?

Matthew Sayle, Apr 13, 2015 IP