1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Insterting 100+ keywords - timeout

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by edit_me, Aug 2, 2004.

Hi guys - first off I wanted to say thanks for providing such a great free tool.

I've just got one problem - when trying to add keywords (pretty much anything over 10) the page just times out to a 404.

I'm using the bulk additions link and entering the keywords in the following format: keyword phrase here | URL

Is there something I'm missing here?

edit_me, Aug 2, 2004 IP
  2. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the forums edit me.

The problem could be that many of the keywords for the URL's you are submitting do not appear in the top 200. This would just mean that the search for these keywords is taking too long and timing out.

That's just 1 theory.

Weirfire, Aug 2, 2004 IP
  3. rickbender1940

rickbender1940 Guest

Best Answers:
    Yup. Go to preferences before adding the links, and select the "Search through first XYZ results" as 10. Then add your links. Then set the search depth back to what you want it to actually be.

rickbender1940, Aug 2, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There isn't a whole lot that can be done about it timing out, because the timeout is coming from your browser. The web server itself isn't timing out, it's just taking awhile to do the initial lookup of all your keywords. Either use a different browser with a higher timeout, or add your bulk keywords in smaller groups.

digitalpoint, Aug 2, 2004 IP