1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

instantdegrees.com <-- wtf ?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by GeorgR., Nov 3, 2007.

so i have a very nice landing pages for instantdegrees.com and PPC running.

People click on my ads like crazy.

Conversions are LOUSY....

Then the biggest joke: I had 2 sales a week ago,making it $77, and another sale a day later..making it about $110 or so on commission.

Yesterday i check my stats...and the two sales are gone...so my TOTAL shows only $33 for one sale i made.

Why does this convert that bad ? my LP is really great..and their prices are great...i dont understand why people click but dont buy them.

GeorgR., Nov 3, 2007 IP
  2. vyomzandercage

vyomzandercage Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all the site on first look appears to be a scam like how the hell do you get an instant college degree without studying or whatever...whatever you have mentioned so what you need to do is add more description something like what is this all about? How does it work ? And stuff like that. Frankly looking at your sales page i dont get to know anything what i am going to buy like what does it include and stuff like that so how to you expect me to buy all this.

Secondly and most importantly you need to convince them by telling them that this is actually legitimate. Do you think that people will believe you that it is all legitimate because you have added a line saying 100 % approved and 100 % legal. Dude you are talking about degrees out here, it might be a matter of someone's career and no one will risk it with something like this. So you need to get really deep and explain them how your system works and how is it 100% legal.

Then you need to show them proof of the documents, that it is 100% approved and legal ( a screenshot or two will do). After that you need to add some testimonials so that people feel that there are already people doing this stuff and it is safe for us to do it too. You need to really work on your sales copy.You might even consider hiring a copy writer. Or simply outsource it at elance or rent-a-coder

But according to me if you add this much to your sales copy then it should do wonders to your conversion rate. Hope this helps.

Good Luck
    Cheers !!!
    Vyom

vyomzandercage, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  3. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    well the main site instantdegrees.com is not MY page..thats the product i promote. i have an intermediary landingpage before people go there.

But..you have valid points !!!

GeorgR., Nov 3, 2007 IP
  4. TuesZ

TuesZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well hold on one second, this is almost too good to be true. I checked the WHOIS and they have had the domain going since 2001. The website in fact does look like #$@! but you'd be surprised on how many people out there really don't care. Most do but you know what I mean.

TuesZ, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  5. vyomzandercage

vyomzandercage Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh ok but if you make these changes and convert this into a full fledge sales page then you will be earning a hell lot of money because TuesZ has a point there your offer is too good to be true. So if you use proper marketing principles then you will become rich off this scheme.

vyomzandercage, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  6. RichUser

RichUser Banned

Best Answers:
    Wow, that page just blinding my eye's. I doubt you can get much conversations with such a badly designed site.

RichUser, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  7. solar44

solar44 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, the site looks aweful. I don't think a lot of people will buy when they see something like that.

solar44, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  8. vanquishdesign

vanquishdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    I use pre-landing pages for promoting this site.

I prepare the visitor. I don't know why you are not converting, how high are you bidding on words George?

I never go above 0.17 on words and I make over $100 per day promoting this site. Beauty of it is returning clients who come back for transcripts and stuff, I get a commission on that too.

I find blogs a good way to get conversions too.

vanquishdesign, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  9. NsaneNoob

NsaneNoob Peon

Best Answers:
    OMG. The thread topic name is hilarious.

NsaneNoob, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  10. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    lol same here, I had to check out the thread.

*Edited*
    Reason: vanquishdesign requested

Shazz, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  11. vanquishdesign

vanquishdesign Peon

Best Answers:

GeorgR,

I have personally promoted instantdegrees.com as an affiliate for some years. The commissions that get deleted are only from orders that are a BILLING PROBLEM or orders made on STOLEN cards.

All legitimate orders are paid in full by instantdegrees.com they have been using the same affiliate tracking company (affiliatetracking.net) for a long time , 4 years to be exact.

You seem to have had some bad traffic or you are bidding too high on words.

vanquishdesign, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  12. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    vanguish,

i started to promote this i think because i read about your success with the site. What market you targeting ? US ? Whats your PPC budget specific for this ? Usually i also bid about 0.20..maybe a bit higher.

GeorgR., Nov 7, 2007 IP
  13. vanquishdesign

vanquishdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    I find targeting Israel, India, Pakistan, Hong Kong, I dont really go for the usual stuff like UK, US, Canada etc. Works well for us.

Our ROI, promoting instantdegrees.com we are currently getting around $30 for every $5 we spend. We don't just use adwords to promote this, we buy blog ads and newsletter ads.

Just approach a guy with a loyal list of subscribers, give him the advice/review/article to paste into his newsletter and ask him to cloak the affiliate link.;)

People with big subscriber lists are not hard to find and our ROI with newsletters has always been very good. Experiment until you find your best method, we have been affiliates for instantdegrees.com for almost 4 years now. :)

vanquishdesign, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  14. vyomzandercage

vyomzandercage Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya lists are the best place to promote any product. They are highly targeted and they give the best conversions.But aren't people with lists hard to find ? Where do you generally look for them ?

vyomzandercage, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  15. vanquishdesign

vanquishdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

We surf the net looking for people with niche websites that have newsletters.

Some have massive lists and are running a newsletter as a hobby, rather than a business. Simply because they are passionate about a certain subject.

A quick email asking about a "review" advert can be very cheap. Some people don't know how much a big subscriber base is worth.

We once approached a guy who was running a list about unusual animals, he had a list of over 5,000 regular readers interested in albino animals, 2 headed turtles etc. (crazy huh?)

Anyway, we offered him $30 USD to "help his server costs" to do a review of instantdegrees.com and add our affiliate link.

We made $600 USD in commissions the day it went out and a further $250 within a week of the shot.

Like we say, obscure lists can yield massive ROI.

Some people stagnate and stick with 1 advertising medium, we try everthing then reinforce success. What works gets repeated.

vanquishdesign, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  16. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    interesting. i see what you're saying. Maybe US/UK markets are a bit more suspicious there. I mean..gimme a break..for $120 i would buy one for myself, just for fun :) Or a Dr. Degree in "internet marketing" :)

GeorgR., Nov 8, 2007 IP
  17. vanquishdesign

vanquishdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    We both have degrees from them already. :p

vanquishdesign, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  18. Archbob

Archbob Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why would anyon buy a degree from a degree Mill? Do people actually believe you can get degrees based on "Life experience". How stupid are people these days anyways?

Archbob, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  19. vanquishdesign

vanquishdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    We have degrees. Yes, Life experience degrees are real.

Plus, we both earn MORE than all the graduates in our neighbourhood who graduated from "traditional" schools.

We deserve our degrees!

vanquishdesign, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  20. Archbob

Archbob Active Member

Best Answers:
    What is your expertise in? Life?
    You have to actually study something to be good in a particular academic subject.
    Try telling your employer that you got a degree without any classes, tests, or homework. I sure wouldn't hire someone who purchased a degree in five days without any work.

Would you want a bridge engineer or the person that built your house to have a degree they earned in 5 days instead of years it actually takes to master an art?

Archbob, Nov 11, 2007 IP