1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Installing GD library on CentOS, help please...

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by daryo, Jun 1, 2008.

Hy guys,
    I bought a VPS few days ago and I need to install GD library on it. I'm running it on CentOS 5, and I have PHP5 installed, with cPanel/WHM. I'm not familiar much with servers so please help me, how do I install GD library...
    I tried these commands in shell :
    yum install php-gd
    yum install gd-devel
    yum provides php-gd
    None of them worked, anything else, a step by step tutorial how to install it please... Thank you guys in advance!

daryo, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  2. Camay123

Camay123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  3. DnHype

DnHype Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you still need help mate i can install you all requirement and things you need to run your website.
    just drop me a pm or grab my msn in profile

DnHype, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  4. b4bilal

b4bilal Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have Cpanel installed on your server then its very easy with easyapache :D

b4bilal, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  5. mrki

mrki Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to be root to install GD on your server. There are plenty howto-s regarding yum so you should use google to find a good how-to if you want to try this by yourself.
    I can help you with this PM if you are interested.

mrki, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  6. argothiusz

argothiusz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have CPanel you can't do YUM install php-gd since your apache/php compiled through easy apache. Go to root account - easy apache - select previous load configuration - skipping everything until you 2 tabs aways from the end you will see GD - check/select it - then press build. Wait like 10 minutes or so for everything to be recompile and you are ready to go.

Need quick help, hit me up and I will help you I am online now. And you need root access on your WHM :)

argothiusz, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  7. unnisathya

unnisathya Peon

Best Answers:

Hiiiii - I do understand what you had explained above but, cpanel license is expired and i need to enable 2 php modules gd and pdo to successfully complete drupal installation, i have access to server commandline so is there any commands that you could suggest to do same .......

thanks alot!!!!!

unnisathya, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  8. cesurasean

cesurasean Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you still require help with this? Chat me on skype - cesurasean , and we can discuss the project more. Thank you.

cesurasean, Sep 26, 2012 IP