1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Installing DP Sphinx

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by tamsin, Sep 10, 2011.

Hi there,

I've got a largish vb4 forum (260,000 topics/3.7 million posts) and I was wondering about installing sphinx for the search. DP Sphinx looks very promising, but I can't find any information on how to install it. I read the article on installing sphinx on the server but how do you link it up with vbulletin. My skills are more in the range of have server access and able to follow instructions than super skilled techy so I want to know it's something I can integrate without too much work.

Also the cost - can I pay the $25 premium membership for one month to download it and then cancel, or do I have to pay every month to use it? Not that you don't look great, but that's a bit outside my budget :(

Thanks
    Tamsin

tamsin, Sep 10, 2011 IP
  2. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    After purchasing the premium membership, instructions will be provided in the article section, its a simple install.

As far as the premium membership, you will be able to cancel, it's not required to pay monthly to use the sphinx plugin.

AnthonyG, Sep 11, 2011 IP
  3. thnam8x

thnam8x Peon

Best Answers:
    you can purchasing the premium membership and do this
    i think it good for your site :rolleyes:

thnam8x, Sep 25, 2011 IP