1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bug Installed the Plugin...not seeing charts and keep getting told to Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Better Analytics' started by browneyedbaker, Sep 16, 2015.

Hi, I'm a food blogger and I had this plugin recommended to me. I got it installed on my domain (BrownEyedBaker.com), made sure it was linked to my GA profile, and chose the auto-configure.

I then kept getting the following message when I attempted to access pretty much any chart based on the graphics found on your plugin page.

"Not all metrics are available for unlicensed copies of the Better Analytics plugin.

You can license a copy over here.

If this is a valid license, make sure the purchaser of the add-on has verified ownership of this domain over here."

So I followed the steps and verified my site here at DP (including setting up a new account, verifying my site via GW Tools).

At this time, I'm not interested in upgrading to the premium pack, especially if I can't see any charts right now. Can you help me troubleshoot this?

Also, I did have Google Analytics Dashboard for WP but I deactivated that. I'd like to use your plugin but I'm not having much luck seeing anything at this point.

Thanks in advance.

browneyedbaker, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Can you post a screenshot of the report you are seeing (or I guess not seeing and getting an error on as the case may be)?

digitalpoint, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  3. browneyedbaker

browneyedbaker Member

Best Answers:
    Here's what I'm seeing. Every time I try to see a report, I get this. And I've already verified the site here at DP.

better-analytics-error.jpg

UPDATE: Just as an addendum to this, I installed this plugin really because of the easy Adjusted Bounce Rate implementation. And that does seem to be working. I can see in my regular analytics that my ABR is now 38%, down from 78%. My issue is just making sure I can actually ACCESS the pretty charts advertised on the plugin page, so far, I don't appear to see those.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    browneyedbaker, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What dimension are you specifically trying to use?

digitalpoint, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  5. browneyedbaker

browneyedbaker Member

Best Answers:
    I just tested all the charts trying to use all the following dimensions (all set for just one month). The ONLY ones that popped up a chart where the following:

- medium
    - source
    - operating system

That's it. I tried to access "session duration" and any of the "mobile" reports and nothing. I get the pop-up. I have the time frame set to a "month" scope at "1 day" and plot at "100" to try to generate at least something. And nothing.

My "events tracking" seems to be working fine. But no charts unless I apparently upgrade to the premium.

browneyedbaker, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Oh, I thought you were using the Pro version since you said you verified your domain for it. But yes, not all metrics/dimensions are available for the unlicensed version. You should be able to still get to all reports/charts within the normal Google Analytics web interface.

digitalpoint, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  7. browneyedbaker

browneyedbaker Member

Best Answers:
    Ah, I see. Well thanks anyway. I really expected more charts to be available in the free plugin. I'm not interested in upgrading. Thanks anyway.

browneyedbaker, Sep 17, 2015 IP