1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Installed Able2Know static URL's mod and lost login/logout link

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by ElectronDon, Nov 26, 2005.

I have a phpBB forum in which I've recently installed the Able2Know.com static URL's modification. I have this mod working fine as of 2 days ago.

The problem is that now that the files are modified, my login/logout link is not present anymore.(the link that is normally located with the other links on "overall_header.tpl"

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this modification and whether this problem can be easily fixed or not. It is a minor problem but must be taken care of.

My forum is at http://www.muscle-fusion-fitness.com/forum/

ElectronDon, Nov 26, 2005 IP
  2. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I assume you removed them when editing overall_header.tpl.

I suggest you revert to the back-up of that file you made before installing the mod and then re-vist the modifications. I do have the mod around, so if that doesn't work, I can take a look at it tomorrow and see what might have happened. My recollection is, though, that nothing in the mod itself should have removed those links.

aeiouy, Nov 27, 2005 IP
  3. ElectronDon

ElectronDon Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, human error here is to blame, I dropped one of the snippets improperly, and was able to go back later and identify the missing code.

I didn't properly fix up "page_header.php" during the "generate logged in/logged out status" portion of that file.

Thanks for your concern, I think that I took care of that.

ElectronDon, Nov 28, 2005 IP