1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Instagram Marketing Question

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by simbow, Aug 14, 2017.

Hi,

due to a few changes of direction (lets call it 'pivot', and ignore 'repeated' it sounds better), I have ended up having developed some software which does a lot of things for a lot of people (not many of them very well) and I am trying to retrench and dig myself out of a massive hole, that is, identify what is critical, nice to have or just useless?

Basically, what I have developed is an Instagram tool which does amongst others the following:
    • enter an Instagram hashtag and find other hashtags associated with it
    • enter a search term and find the comments associated with it. i.e. type in 'Donald Trump' and find recent comments which include his name (you can also include a hashtag in the search)
    • enter a hashtag and find the people using it
    • enter someones name and find the associated Instagram accounts
    • photo search based on user name or hashtag or just a search term
    • create a campaign and save to it hashtags and users so you can track them over time
    • track hashtags and users over time, graph the based on followed, posts and friends and velocity
    • semantic analysis on the comments people are using i.e. is a comment positive or negative
    • I am working on an algorithm to work out if someone is likely to follow you
    • display basic Instagram core information including websites and profiles for a user

I am sorry this is a long question but basically, I am stuck trying to identify (if anything) what from the above is the functionality to focus on and any advice is welcome. It consists of a front end query tool which triggers back end cron jobs which build a database so as long as I make sure I am not breaking Instagrams Terms of Service I can also extract a hell of a lot of data from the database

simbow, Aug 14, 2017 IP
  2. biGGunz

biGGunz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Is this web based app? If it's not it would be a good idea if you upload it to a site and start promoting it. Of course, make the tool free so you can gather user base. Open comment section on the same page on which the toll is located, or nudge people to leave feedback in any other form. That's the best way to do it. Asking few people here on forum won't help you much.

biGGunz, Aug 14, 2017 IP
  3. simbow

simbow Peon

Best Answers:
    hi BiGGunz, it is a web based app and is free and already has about 300 users per day and 700 registered users but I suspect that despite me using a captcha on the sign up routine, they are not valid email accounts. Hence my asking on here what people interested in Instagram Marketing would like to see. But I appreciate your comments and will try to get people using the site to leave feedback.

best wishes

simbow, Aug 14, 2017 IP
  4. biGGunz

biGGunz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oh, 300 users per day is awesome man. If you are doubting the emails, make it login free for a few runs 3-4 runs per day for example. If they want more free runs make them sign-up, hook them with double optin. This way you will get more quality mails.

Good luck

biGGunz, Aug 14, 2017 IP
  5. simbow

simbow Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks Biggunz, I will try the double opt-in I think it is the only long-term answer and then email them directly and take it from there.

thanks for the push :)

simbow, Aug 14, 2017 IP