1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Innovation in php

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Happar.com, Sep 7, 2007.

Please go here for the worlds fastest php installation script

http://www.happar.com/preview2/

We broke a world record in php so let me know what you guys think!

If anybody wants any help in php just message me or ask your question here :)

Happar.com, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  2. krt

krt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What innovation. And, no, you haven't broken a world record (if there was one for such a thing). First of all, time is just one metric for assessing the efficiency of an installation, and second, there are plenty of similar techniques used in database driven scripts that install the script in about the same time and often faster. Instead of spending your time advertising misleading info, how about updating your movie to not include screens of pages with layer clearing issues and default fonts and "autocomplete" on input fields almost giving the impression that the script guesses your database username.

krt, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  3. Happar.com

Happar.com Peon

Best Answers:
    The script requires the user to add their database user name; there are no smoke and mirrors. Every video and review on the Happar support forum is independently made by 3rd party beta testers who want to bring honesty and integrity into this script. There is no comparison to the ease of use and speed of the installation process, one of many great functions of this script. Default fonts are an intricate part of the versatility this script will provide.

Ref: http://www.happar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=87

This post is old there have been many more improvements since then, which will be presented in video format so check often. You are doing a great service for this forum it is a shame you are not one of my beta testers. Thank you for the input.:)

Happar.com, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  4. nico_swd

nico_swd Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I could name 500 scripts off the top of my head which already used your "innovation" before you even thought about it.

What on earth are you talking about?

nico_swd, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  5. tushardhoot1

tushardhoot1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats either way.

What is the charge to use your site?

tushardhoot1, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  6. loibeignacio

loibeignacio Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha! nice one sir Nic :D

<?php
    	for( $i=0; $i < 99999; $i++ ) {
    		echo '_innovation_innovation_innovation_';
    	}
    ?>
    PHP:

loibeignacio, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  7. Happar.com

Happar.com Peon

Best Answers:
    You really have to tune in to see what i am talking about.

Ha Ha very funny!

The price will not be very high, some where around 299. Very cheap for this robust script. Thanks for the kind words tushardhoot1 :)

8. nico_swd

nico_swd Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I "tuned in" before I posted my message and saw nothing but a simple installation script.

In all honesty, what is so special about that?

nico_swd, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  9. Happar.com

Happar.com Peon

Best Answers:
    The speed and ease of use. This script was built so even a first timer on the computer can install this php script. The wow factor is embedded in future videos. It is the fastest installation of any php script.

10. streety

streety Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't name 500 scripts that install faster but I can name one. Fudforum.

FTP is slow at uploading multiple files, even as in the posted video you go 7 at a time. Fudforum ignores that bottleneck by packaging the entire installation up into just one file. That one file can be quickly uploaded to a server. While a standard, and I include your script here, install is still being uploaded fudforum is installed and ready to use.

I know many people find it difficult to install scripts so I commend your efforts to make it easier and faster but I would suggest you check out fudforum. It's open source so you will hopefully be able to pick up some new tips.

Trying to speed it up still further there seemed to be quite a few clicks to populate the database with data. Is there no way to make that easier? If you're worried about timeouts perhaps an AJAX approach?

streety, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  11. Happar.com

Happar.com Peon

Best Answers:
    The file is about 1.5 mb and has more features then just a forum, so I can't make it any faster then 3-5 minutes for installation. Thanks for the tip I will definitely look into it further, you can never stop learning.

12. Sharky01276

Sharky01276 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am concerned about using Ajax still due to the number of people still using browsers where ajax leeks memory. You really don't want people using your website to realize that its your website slowing down their computer now do you :)

Sharky01276, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  13. krt

krt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not trying to shun your ideas and work completely but it rather annoys me that you are claiming this is better than the alternatives. ATM, I cannot justify using this over other similar systems if it were free, let along with the price tag. Borderline constructive criticism ;)

Yes, but the video almost suggests that the script is finding out and giving you your database name automatically instead of having to know it yourself and type it in.

Don't get carried away, there aren't even "help" links in the setup stages for things like database details.

And they have their place - which is definitely not promotional videos.

That is not very cheap. There are many similar systems that are more intuitive, efficient and of much higher quality than this and are free and open source. This doesn't compare - at very least in terms of value for money.

Not even close. 3-5 minutes is average at best and you seem to be assuming that "first timers" know what a database is, know how to get their DB details among many other things.

krt, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  14. decepti0n

decepti0n Peon

Best Answers:
    Isn't that basically identical to the Mybb installation?

decepti0n, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  15. MMJ

MMJ Guest

Best Answers:
    In FF your site doesn't work. I didn't try it with IE because I don't have flash installed for IE.

MMJ, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  16. Happar.com

Happar.com Peon

Best Answers:
    For the file size and for what the script does it is very fast and can go from 1-2 minutes if your connection has the speed. Also like i mentioned before there is a guide. I will keep adding videos to this thread so we can all debate the large possibilities of what this script can really do. Thanks again.

Happar.com, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  17. Happar.com

Happar.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry I don't understand.

Happar.com, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  18. MMJ

MMJ Guest

Best Answers:
    FF = Firefox
    IE = Internet explorer

MMJ, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  19. Happar.com

Happar.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Please check the site now. It should work with all browsers.

Happar.com, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  20. MMJ

MMJ Guest

Best Answers:
    Nope.

It says click "NEXT" to see the license agreement but I can't click next.

MMJ, Sep 11, 2007 IP