1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Initial weighting

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by Lucky Bastard, Dec 4, 2004.

Hi.

When I joined the coop network (displaying 1 ad) I had a weighting of 590. Since then I have added 4 more ads on every page (so am using the max 5) and my weighting hasn't changed. (account mgds)

How often or when does the weighting update? Is there any mechanism to "refresh" it to force an update?

Also I am curious how the tracking/revalidation works. How can you detect if a co-op ad is displaying on a co-op members site? Many ads I have seen on others sites have been modified (in terms of colors etc) to fit with the sites look and feel. Is the revalidation based on the class="" attribute. BTW, I am talking about text link only ads as that is what I use.

Lucky Bastard, Dec 4, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It automatically revalidates some daily (not all sites). If you enter your Google API key into the settings you can revalidate yourself.

digitalpoint, Dec 4, 2004 IP
  3. Lucky Bastard

Lucky Bastard Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response.

Another question how do you modify the text links (not banner) so that the link colour fits in with your sites colour scheme? Is it by removing the default ad network class defition or modifying it to use your own css? I presume this is possible

4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can't modify the ad code, but you can use things like <span> to surround it with your own class.

digitalpoint, Dec 4, 2004 IP
  5. Lucky Bastard

Lucky Bastard Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, worked it ot=ut mate. My weight has jumped to 1800 or so now.

What are the best ways to increase weight (apart from icecream and fried food)?
    Refer people?
    Increase PR?
    Increase number of pages google knows about (assuming they validate)? Slow with google updates?
    Anything else?
    Is refer people the fastest way to go about it?
    Also do increases of weight take time to take affect or is it instant (after clicking the "Validate/Calculate Weight Now" link)?

6. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Having a lot of pages indexed means having a lot of weight, and also the higher your PR is the higher your weight will be (I believe). My site has 4190 out of ~11K pages indexed, and the main page has a PR of 4. My initial weight was about 44K after putting 5 ads on every page. I don't know about the time it takes for something to take affect. To be honest, I'm just as much of a newbie as you are.

nevetS, Dec 4, 2004 IP