1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rules Infractions - confused

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by acronym007, Nov 6, 2009.

I just received 2 points infractions for my domain listing.
    Reason: False Marketplace Amount

I have no clue why.

Can someone help here. I read the FAQ and it's not covered.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1552570

I set the amount intentionally high because I had to put an amount and this is an auction at Sedo so I did not want the amount to be met in here, that is I could not know the final bid. So the question begs, if the system requires I put a price and it is an outside auction what price would accurate and not false? I would clarify this by saying I would never put in a fake price, if someone were to offer $100k I would cancel the Sedo transaction and pay the off the other interest buyer so I put it high understanding my options. Why the infractions? I'm confused how any amount can be false, I would of sold for that price, how can it be false? This is not a shot at anyone, the mods or anything, just would like to understand to prevent future infractions.

The traffic, also, for example might fluctuate so the the traffic could be false if you were to say it is not 100% accurate each month.

Thanks for your assistance everyone.

acronym007, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  2. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If you're running the auction off-site, you can't post just to try to get people to bid over there (that would be considered spam). You're either running an auction here or you're not. If not, it doesn't belong here. In the future, don't start threads about your infractions. Please PM a moderator with questions instead.

jhmattern, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Actually, no... You don't have to put an amount. If you don't intend to sell it here, don't list it. Simple.

digitalpoint, Nov 6, 2009 IP