1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Infographics to Increase Email list

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Anlyhe84, Feb 26, 2016.

Hello. I have a blog that I launched 5 days ago. I have higher traffic than I expected, but only 6 people have signed up for email newsletter/Free running plan.

I am thinking that I should change the types of posts that I publish, so yesterday I posted my first list post. That got more attention on social media but still did not increase email list.

I would like to try creating Infographic posts. Each promising link I click on is taking me to businesses that will do it for you. Any thoughts on programs or tools that would allow me to create my own infographics?

My site is http://coffeemacarons.com/ If you think that it is something else-I am open to constructive critism...

Anlyhe84, Feb 26, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That's a tough niche to break into and personally I wouldn't get too stressed about the email list. And it's only been 5 days!!!

I'm a runner and incredibly reluctant to sign up for a newsletter - but I might for a plan or download. Thing is that I can get a training plan from Strava, a few other apps and most of the running magazines and big events. You make your offer before I even know if I want to trust your advice.

I'd be looking at other ways to monetise and to promote yourself. I've been messing around on twitter and instragram testing reach for fitness posts and have been interested in who has liked my posts. I suspect however that you might find yourself talking to others trying to promote themselves.

sarahk, Feb 26, 2016 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Email newsletters aren't that popular. Even RSS-feeds aren't that popular anymore. People want to like your page on Facebook, maybe follow you on Twitter, or Tumblr, or Instagram. Email-newsletters are for the previous generation (basically, me) - kids/youngsters nowadays rarely use email - it's slow, it's not immediate, it's not instant-answer (or, worse, you can't really see if anyone actually read your email). I would look into other forays for promoting your stuff.

PoPSiCLe, Feb 26, 2016 IP
  4. Anlyhe84

Anlyhe84 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You have no idea how much this post helped me. I just had a real ah-hah moment! This would explain why email is so difficult for me, yet social media comes easily. I am probably the only one who still reads email newsletters. Thank you. Really. Game changer:)

Anlyhe84, Feb 29, 2016 IP
  5. Omee

Omee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah to be honest the most important thing to do is to create social media influence! It's going to help you with higher level of traffic and popularity! The larger the influence you have on social media the more you dominate! But remember that the most important thing to do is being active on social media. People want to get to your social media pages or accounts and want great things and then they will like your social media account if you gives great content on your social media page. If you alone are managing social media alone then try to focus on a very few selected social media where you have most of the people of interest that's common to your blog. For example if your blog or website is about jewellery then Pinterest is a good choice. Also keep an eye on interaction or engagement that people make on your social media page, and on what type of post they get engaged to. If you are not being active on social media then social media isn't going to help you.

Omee, Apr 29, 2016 IP
  6. TheW4F

TheW4F Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In saying that though, infographics can still REALLY increase your reach using FB and Twitter as well. You should post infographics on your blog and publicize them to FB and Tw. I use canva and picmonkey (both free and easy), and sometimes a combination of the two to make pretty much all of our graphics, though I'm a novice, not a graphic designer by any means. Hope that helps ya, good luck with your blog! :)

TheW4F, May 25, 2016 IP