1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

.info domain is good for Seo?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by elshaarawy, Mar 20, 2017.

i almost done website with info about some animal. Now I am going to purchase domain and thinking about .info domain? Could you tell me is there difference between com/net and info? Maybe .info domains is more difficult to promote in search engines?

elshaarawy, Mar 20, 2017 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think the search engines necessarily pay any attention to the type of extension that a domain has. Their main concern is the value of the content on the site and the relationship of that content to the site domain and title. Perhaps somebody else has a different view.

In my opinion, the only difference is really in the searcher's eyes (or mind). The dot com extension, being the most used, is obviously the first one that comes to mind when someone is trying to find a site by name. The dot net extension is number two I believe. I used to know that stuff but I pretty much gave up paying attention to it myself some years ago.

JoeSpirit, Mar 20, 2017 IP
  3. rf-harris

rf-harris Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not a big fan of .info domain. If you can't find your desired domain in .com or .net then I think it is better to choose a domain extension related to your niche. If you have a dating website you can choose a domain like yourdomainname.dating and similar for other niches.

rf-harris, Mar 20, 2017 IP
  4. JennaT

JennaT Member

Best Answers:
    There’s no difference in terms of SEO, Google will be treating your domains the same. The difference is the user experience, .com domains are more common and therefore might be easier to remember, I think.

JennaT, Mar 20, 2017 IP
  5. metricbuzz

metricbuzz Member

Best Answers:
    .info domain resembles that your website is for information not for promoting any service or product. If your plan is to share the info of the animals then you can go a head with the .info domain. Google doesnot gives importance to the domain extensions...It gives only to the domains .edu and .gov domains I think.

My choice for you is to go with .com domain instead of .info.

metricbuzz, Mar 20, 2017 IP
  6. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Search Engines doesn't care about your domain extensions. I have seen that some of the sub domains have ranked well in search engines. I think Search engines care about your site content and the links pointed to your site.

iwebsocial, Mar 21, 2017 IP