1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Indian Wikipedia - 8 year old site made $13k in last 2 years with no effort

Discussion in 'Sites' started by neest321, Aug 15, 2016.

Executive Summary

Ekikrat (meaning "compilation") was started in 2009 as an Indian alternative for WikiPedia. As wikipedia often don't cover smaller Indian topics as well as various Howto articles, I wanted to build a complete "How to", "Where is", "Who is" kind of website considering India had the 3rd (now 2nd) most number of Internet uses on web and there was no such resources.

From 2009 to 2011, the site generated $2k to $3k per month as I had focussed on having high quality content and user activity.

Since 2011, the site is in auto pilot mode as I have moved on to different projects and to me it looks my future plans do not align with what I had planned 8 years back hence I am selling the website.

Some of the features of the website is -

1. One of the biggest Indian wiki site with potential to be like WikiHow. Site has currently 29,500 pages indexed in Google.
    2. 8+ year old established website and in total has made more than $50k.
    3. Simple interface to add and manage content with admin panel.
    4. Though I have disabled comments and user registration for some time, it can have strong community with many posts created by users and thousands of comments.
    5. It can be run in auto pilot mode with users keep adding content and it will keep making money with Google adsense and other ad networks.

Technology

1. It uses easy to use Drupal CMS which has an admin panel and various wordpress like feature like edit link on any content page and comments moderation feature.
    2. Since drupal has thousands of plugins, you can use them to extend the site feature like adding more community features or gamify it (something like Wikia or Wikihow)

Reason to Sell

I have moved on to different line of business so liquidifying assets.

What you will get

1. Domain
    2. Complete website with all the content
    3. Support which includes me migrating the site to your server or you can continue using current server.
    4. All ownership rights and intellectual rights

I will be more than happy to give you proof of last 8 years earning, traffic stats etc.

I value my time so I will appreciate if only serious buyers contact me.

Thanks

PS - You can also see the Flippa Listing https://flippa.com/6757539-ekikrat-in for all the stats and screenshots.

neest321, Aug 15, 2016 IP