1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Indian Payment Processor - Similar to PayPal

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Anil Pandey, Jun 12, 2013.

?

Would you be willing to use an Indian payment processor?

Poll closed Jul 12, 2013.
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes, but would like more features.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No. The existing ones are sufficient for my needs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    Hi
    I am planning a online payment processor, where one Indian resident can do a fund transaction with another Indian resident using his debit card, credit card and net banking.

All the transactions would be in Indian Rupees only and only one account permitted per person. You can use funds received in your account to send payments to another member or use it for buying products/services. You can withdraw the funds to your bank account. Sending money would be free, though you may have to pay a transaction fee for receiving funds. Withdrawing the funds to your bank account would also be free.

You can also use the site as a merchant. Simply generate codes from your dashboard and paste it on your website and you can start accepting money from your website immediately.

A large no. of people in India are engaged in selling their services; article writing, search engine submission, back links, web designing and so on. Most of us use paypal to accept payments. The problem with paypal is you cannot accept payments from another Indian resident and thus online bank transfer is the only way out which is time consuming. Many of us sell products, like new and used mobiles, and again online bank transfer is the only option. Selling products or services to a foreign national is easy in Paypal. This site will try to address this anomaly and can be used as a single method for sending/receiving funds.

As of now, no such payment processor exists. If you know about such a processor, kindly post your views. The payment gateways like ccavenue, payseal, UBS etc can be used for merchant purposes only, and need lot of technical expertise. Also they can be used only if you have a full functional website listing your products. They cannot be used for buying or selling individually. The funds received using those services cannot be used for making payments. In fact you get those payments only weekly, fortnightly or monthly (based on your transactions).

Would you be willing to try it out? Please let me know if you would like to include any more features so that they can be incorporated now itself as including them later on may be slightly difficult.

Would be grateful for your comments and suggestions.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
    Anil Pandey, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  2. techdomain

techdomain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Had this idea past couple of months. Definitely helpful. good luck pandeyji. will love to see a low fee model as u suggested.

when u say u can transfer money using online banking (one user to another), its always NEFT. With NEFT, its bound to take time. Only cc and dc can do fast payments.

techdomain, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  3. Anil Pandey

Anil Pandey Active Member

Best Answers:
    The idea is to combine the features offered by ccavennue and paypal into one, and present a comprehensive solution to our needs. Can you suggest what features you would like to be included in it?
    And may I ask, why did you drop your idea?

Anil Pandey, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  4. techdomain

Best Answers:
    I dropped the idea out of perception, like licenses requires and such. unless we can lower our fees (which none of others do after startup), its pointless. People will only opt our service if we can provide them damn cheap services. Plus any business runs with capital and quality people, and so does this. Its not cheap to maintain them either. You need to see what volume of business (money) can be conducted in india that u can afford to stay afloat even with less fee structure.

That is why giants like paypal render merchant and ebay payment services, only freelance services will not cover ur targets.

techdomain, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  5. techdomain

Best Answers:
    You try carrying out a survey, how many people are willing for this and what amount of transaction will be expected in next 3 years using ur service. Its a cycle. Marketing sucks ur money (people need to trust ur service, only DP guys cannot run ur service) and u recover ur money by adding more fees.

Although, i very much support ur idea and would love to be a part of it in any way possible.

6. Anil Pandey

Best Answers:
    Providing merchant services would be an integral part of it, without it is not possible to sustain.
    Any member would be able to generate codes from within his account and use it on his site.
    Additional services like using ebay would come later on once the site is up and running (offering services to eBay is not possible because they use Paypal and both companies are one only). But other sites can be considered definitely.

Anil Pandey, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  7. techdomain

Best Answers:
    good luck. let me know if i can help. How do u figure out licenses with RBI?

8. techdomain

Best Answers:
    what do u think of payupaisa ?

9. Anil Pandey

Best Answers:
    Am working on it. Have already approached them and hope to get an update soon. I had approached the local branch here but they suggested that I approach their Mumbai office. Lets see.

It would help if you can message me a bit about your background and your expertise so that I can consider your contribution later on.

10. Anil Pandey

Best Answers:
    It seems a good site. The problem is that you can use it only as a merchant.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  11. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think you'll require permission from RBI under Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007

You'll need to explain them
    - need of proposed payment system
    - various technical standards
    - design of proposed system
    - risk management
    - security measures, etc.
    Cost of application is 10,000 INR + security deposit

We can only proceed further, once they grant permission

nihangshah, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  12. Anil Pandey

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I have approached DPSS at Mumbai explaining the proposed system, waiting for their reply.

13. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Have you received any reply? Can you give us some update?

nihangshah, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  14. Anil Pandey

Best Answers:
    Yes
    They have intimated that they cannot provide information like this because that would amount to providing consultancy which they cannot do. They will take a call in case an application is submitted.

are you also interested in this? If yes, in what way?

Anil Pandey, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  15. NureA

NureA Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What about moneybookers and paypal? That is a really good idea you got there¨!

NureA, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  16. Anil Pandey

Best Answers:
    They operate in a different league and not necessarily a competitor.

Anil Pandey, Sep 21, 2013 IP