1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Indian Cricket Team - Racist, childish, sooks and just bad cricketers

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Pklz, Jan 8, 2008.

1. ARonald

ARonald Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not think it is right to put the blame on team Australia. The umpires and the match officials goofed up. Proper procedures in umpiring were not followed. The match referee made a mistake of banning a player for 3 matches without concrete proof. We have to wait and see what fate the aussie cricketer hussey meets as he faces a level 3.3 offence too.

Believe me all will be forgotten in a few months and we should not be fighting amongst overselves over a sport.

ARonald, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  2. Claudek

Claudek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anyways, test matches in Perth are always interesting. The hard wicket would probably mean no spinners for that Test match.

India plays wellish there (depends on the bowlers adapting to the wicket). Javagal Srinath bowled the best in-swinger I have ever seen there. The first match I watched played at the WACA ground was India vs West Indies and Kapil Dev opened the bowling against Desmond Haynes - Got him out 1st ball!

Here's hoping to a another good test match to remember.

Claudek, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  3. contactpro

contactpro Peon

Best Answers:
    just remember the instance of the famous sharjah coca-cola cup in 98 when India was in trouble sachin nicked one to keeper he wasn't given out off kasprowicz (I think so). But he walked off he made around 137... that's the sportsman ship. I agree gilchrist is one of the finest I have seen in this issue, in 2003 semi-finals of world cup he walked off even after umpire didn't give him out.
    This symonds is really not a sportive dude. Even in the future cup in India he didn't walk after nicking one, went on to make a century, same happened here.

there is no need to mention about Ponting's behavior even the Aussies legends will report it. Look at the remarks of Geoff Lawson on ponting for that issue ;) I never support glenn mcgrath (no1. sledger) so don't point me into his remarks.

as far as the umpiring is concerned Bucknor has proved to be a big holed bucket for India leaking false decisions :(

This is all just views nothing in personal :D

contactpro, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  4. contactpro

contactpro Peon

Best Answers:
    are you sure about the bowler and batsman, kapil is Indian and Haynes is west Indian, are you talking about an ODI ??

anyhow let's not concentrate on what happd earlier and focus on the future, hoping this incidents doesn't repeat again

contactpro, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  5. Claudek

Claudek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I was referring to an ODI between India & West Indies at the WACA ground.
    The match ended up being a tie! As mentioned, some really good games have been played there. Here are the match stats, if anyone is interested.

Claudek, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  6. contactpro

contactpro Peon

Best Answers:
    lol ok! I thought it was a test match as you were talking about test encounters earlier

contactpro, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  7. MrMitch

MrMitch Peon

Best Answers:
    Whinging Aussies.... :D

Regards,

A. Pom

MrMitch, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  8. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well aussies have been asking why Indians dont understand simple things in life like "racism"

Read what fellow aussies had to say

John Buchanan

Former Australian coach John Buchanan asked whether "monkey", the term allegedly used by Indian off-spinner Harbhajan Singh to address Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds, is racist.

"When I was growing up as a young fella, 'you little monkey' was a common colloquial reference for all children due to our ability to be a bit cheeky at times," Buchanan wrote in his column on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) website on Wednesday.

Neil Harvey and Jeff Thomson

Batting legend Neil Harvey and fast bowling great Jeff Thomson were joined by the members of the elite "Sports Australia Hall of Fame", which includes Australia's sporting icons, in attacking the cricket team for their conduct during the second Test against India at Sydney.

Harvey, a 1948 Invincible team member, blamed the Australian captain for the fiasco and said, "Ponting should have kept his mouth shut and nothing would have happened." "It is quite unheard of for a captain to dob on someone like this and it is quite an unsportsmanlike act. I think Ponting should be chastised by Australian cricket officials for his actions," he said.

"I hope Harbhajan gets off on appeal and let's get the game back to normal. That would be the most simple and best way out," Harvey said.

He said to him 'monkey' was not a racially offensive term and "It's a bit rich for the Australians to get on their high horse considering how they act."

Former pace great Jeff Thomson, however, was harsh in his criticism of the team and said Ponting had no business reporting Harbhajan Singh.

"The Aussies act like morons and bullies and they can't cop criticism from someone like myself. I think it was appalling that none of the Australians went over and shook Anil Kumble's hand at the end of the SCG Test. They just played up and carried on like idiots like they normally do."

John Bertrand

John Bertrand, who led an Australian yatch team to America Cup win 25 years ago, said, "It's not war. Their desire to win at all costs is beginning to blur their moral compass.

"We will be seeking a meeting with Cricket Australia to seek to get the Australian team to readjust their behaviour so that they do show respect for their opponents," he said.

Other Australian heroes

World champion marathon runner Rob de Castella and Olympic gold medallist Herb Elliott, echoed the same view.

"We don't like what we are seeing and hearing at the moment," Elliot said.

Australian Football League hero Ron Barassi said, "It concerns me that the Australians are regularly being referred to as being arrogant and because it is mentioned so often, you begin to wonder."

WELL GUYS I HAVENT SAID ANYTHING YET

COBSolutions, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  9. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    This is just evidence that Buchanan has no idea of what is happening and what has happened. Ever since the Indian crowds taunted Symonds by mimicking monkey sounds and gestures, it's obvious that it's meant to come across as offensive. Either that or their sense of humour is completely different to ours -- all I know is that teasing people of what they look like is generally not accepted where I live. I find it disgusting that certain people in this thread continue with the "joke".

Ponynugget, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  10. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well i agree with you ponynugget

If someone has been a racist in his remarks, they need to get punished
    But then before punishing someone for a serious crime like racism you need to have the proof too
    Evidence-which is lacking here, is making the case strong for bhajji, aint it

The neutral guys out there in the field (umpires)say they didnt hear anything, now how do you fix the responsibility and the manner in which the evidence of symonds team mates versions were accepted and not those of tendulkars needs scrutiny and has created all this fuss

COBSolutions, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  11. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like the Australian cricket team. They sure are number one. But, that doesn't mean whatever they claim, is true.
    Australia says, Harbhajan called Symonds a monkey. What is the proof? Ricky Ponting heard it.
    But when umpires didnt hear it and Sachin, who was fielding very close to the pitch, gave a testimony that Harbhajan didnt call Symonds a monkey, why was Harbhajan still given a 3 test ban? Is Ponting considered God and Sachin considered a liar?? That's just not fair
    Sachin is as good a person as Ponting is. Then why this favouritism?
    Just my 2 cents!

P.S. - Indians like Australian players. Steve Waugh and Shane Warne still have many fans in India. Brett Lee is acting in an Indian movie.

peepin2me, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  12. ganpat

ganpat Peon

Best Answers:
    error. Ricky Ponting did not hear it. Symonds apparently complained to Ponting about it. So Ponting is backing Symonds on his word.

ganpat, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  13. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I say let's sack all the Australian Players, rebuild the new team with young blood, like the good old days of Australia A, and then we may have a close series and an interesting summer.

Sick of winning (or is that whining ?)
    Jason

thsadmin, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  14. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i like the idea and we are ready to lend sehwag if you want. He is just sitting on his arse anyways :D

godmode, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  15. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Whatever guys, Umpiring sucked, they got Umpire sacked, Bahjji appealed and is able to play the next test.
    Now there should be no excuse for Indian teams for not playing up to the mark in the next test match.

The Webmaster, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  16. mrwordsworth

mrwordsworth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Indiaand Australia should go on Nuclear war over this the one who wins will be the honest one:D:D

mrwordsworth, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  17. leandar

leandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    duh ... worst cricket lovers thread :rolleyes:

( i don't like cricket because always my bat don't touching the ball :rolleyes:

leandar, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  18. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Australia doesn't have nukes...

The Webmaster, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  19. ARonald

ARonald Peon

Best Answers:
    Would that not be too extreme. Its all going to be forgotten anyways in a few months.
    I would be happy to see india salvage atleast a draw if not a win in the coming test.

ARonald, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  20. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Looks like India may have the Aussies on the Ropes, Aussies have been playing pretty poorly. Glad I am watching the tennis, and I am still waiting for the one dayers.

thsadmin, Jan 17, 2008 IP